Ignorance

"Just curious. Why do manufacturers produce guns that exceed the sound barrier if they are so bad? If only subsonic were available the people that want the fastest would still buy with the same mindset. 
Every manufacturer touts there products as the “best”. Seems crazy to build something purposely inferior and expect product loyalty.
"

But this one goes to 11.

Bigger is better, dontcha no?
In centerfire rifles there was an arms race to have the fastest bullet for a while, bigger casings with smaller bullets, going up to almost 4000 fps. That mentality is happily taken along into the airgun world.

The airgun marketers are just using whatever sells. They don't get paid per tight group or hit bullseye, they get paid per sale.

Barbarian I was wondering the same thing. It would seem to me that I could slow my Trail NP XL1500 down by going to a heavier pellet. It rips a 7.9 grain out the end of the pipe at 1200fps. Supersonic. If I stuff in a Beeman Kodiak Match at 10.65 grains I should have, (in theory), both added accuracy and stopping power due to a much slower fps and a greater wallop when it hits the target. Not sure if that would be enough weight to slow it under Mach 1, but may even have to go with a higher grain pellet. So, someone tell me where I am wrong thinking. Keep in mind I haven't had my daily quota of stupid fits yet.