Other If you were to run out of air,

HW50S:
Great accuracy, moderate power, light weight .... perfect fit -> just enough length to be a full sized airgun.

HW50 S.jpg

and you had no other way of charging your pcps other than a hand pump, what springer would you choose and why that one? Just a thought!
What about SSP and MSP?

There were some quality and very accurate SSP...too bad no one is making any nowsaday with these PCPs dominating the landscape. Granted (in general) they are only for short range and low power.

MSP...hmmm

sometimes I feel like a steam engine languishing in the era of EVs
Are we upholding traditions or turning into relics?

Last edited:
HW50S:
Great accuracy, moderate power, light weight .... perfect fit -> just enough length to be a full sized airgun.

View attachment 423989
WOW, that's a beautiful springer and I've owned 3 R1s, 2 R9s and the HW77 some years ago. I still have the Beeman R10D in .20 that I'll leave behind when I cease to exist, Beeman RX2 in .22, TX200 in .177, HW97 in .177, HW95 in .22, HW30 in .177 and a couple of Chinese clones in .22 caliber. Self contained they are but it pays to have 1 or 2 just to name a few!

Coming off PCP’s makes it difficult to get back to into springers. I know because I did. I loved the accuracy, weight to power ratio, firing behavior, scope ability and quality of the PCP. Didn’t like the filling and o-ring (leaking) of them. Gave them up. The two closest airguns to the favorable list of the PCP’s mentioned, I found in these two air rifles. Both have custom stocks by Steve Corcoran to get back to the quality of the better PCP’s. The Weihrauch HW30 and Benjamin 392. Both tack drivers. Hw30 scoped in .177 caliber. Benjamin 392 with peep in .22 caliber.
488804B7-96FA-4380-B39C-964B1A89CAF4.jpeg

Last edited:
sometimes I feel like a steam engine languishing in the era of EVs
Are we upholding traditions or turning into relics?
I'm 64 and my kids are 21 & 18 ......
It's interesting how they view .... what my generation considered to be Fundamental Truth's about life.
I believe a mix of modern naivety/lack of perspective ..... as well as my stubbornness "see" a their solutions.

- I guess the same could be said of Airguns ................

Because I grew up with Springers & MMP's they feel more organic (part of ME), whereas my RAW's seem more like to high tech TOOL.

Last edited:
and you had no other way of charging your pcps other than a hand pump, what springer would you choose and why that one? Just a thought!
I almost forgot about my FWB124D that I bought later that my friend had when I first met him in 1983 and the shots that he made with it shooting oft hand was unbelievable. I was gut hooked on "magnumitis" before I understood what precision was about and I forgot about my HW97 in .177 that I'll leave behind as well.

Reactions: bustachip
Coming off PCP’s makes it difficult to get back to into springers. I know because I did. I loved the accuracy, weight to power ratio, firing behavior, scope ability and quality of the PCP. Didn’t like the filling and o-ring (leaking) of them. Gave them up. The two closest airguns to the favorable list of the PCP’s mentioned, I found in these two air rifles. Both have custom stocks by Steve Corcoran to get back to the quality of the better PCP’s. The Weihrauch HW30 and Benjamin 392. Both tack drivers. Hw30 scoped in .177 caliber. Benjamin 392 with peep in .22 caliber.View attachment 423995
Two thumbs up for your specimens and when you tell people what they cost and it only shoots or you only get "one shot", they think you're crazy. The only good shot is your first shot when you hit the mark and that's been proven throughout the years with springers.

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas