Other If you were to run out of air,

I bought my TX200 in .177 first if I'm not mistaken and then I bought the HW97 in .177 but I like the HW97 better for some reason. I'll be 70 years old in about 3 months and I chose the easy way out before as began to ripen years ago. My original post is an honest question because one may never know what the future holds for us. I do know for a fact that the German springers are leading the race and it's very obvious because of all of pictures and replies that we've shared here for the last few days.
Weihrauch is a good company and more affordable than Air Arms. IMO the 97K is their superior rifle, and a tack driver. I love mine and will have it till the end.

Reactions: Simplyhooked PCPs
Weihrauch is a good company and more affordable than Air Arms. IMO the 97K is their superior rifle, and a tack driver. I love mine and will have it till the end.
I love the weight and balance of my TX200 but my HW97 just feels better shooting from the same position. One thing I must say though, neither one of them are the type of springer that I would drag into the woods. My RX2 in .22 is a little beefy but "if" I were to drag a springer/gas ram into the woods, it would definitely be the RX2.

Reactions: bustachip
I love the weight and balance of my TX200 but my HW97 just feels better shooting from the same position. One thing I must say though, neither one of them are the type of springer that I would drag into the woods. My RX2 in .22 is a little beefy but "if" I were to drag a springer/gas ram into the woods, it would definitely be the RX2.
It wouldn't be a problem for me, but, it would be a problem for whatever I was going to hunt..lol. Although, I haven't hunted for years. All mine are .177, I had a .22 R1 carbine that shot FTT 14.66 into one hole, I eventually sold it and just stuck with my .177's

It wouldn't be a problem for me, but, it would be a problem for whatever I was going to hunt..lol. Although, I haven't hunted for years. All mine are .177, I had a .22 R1 carbine that shot FTT 14.66 into one hole, I eventually sold it and just stuck with my .177's
I was gut hooked on the "pee-wee" .177 for years with the Beeman R1 and still take out greys with head shots using the "pee-wee" .177s. The .177 pellets are so under rated but you just get more bang for your buck with .177s.

I was gut hooked on the "pee-wee" .177 for years with the Beeman R1 and still take out greys with head shots using the "pee-wee" .177s. The .177 pellets are so under rated but you just get more bang for your buck with .177s.
Yes, and my Prosport spits them at about 900fps with the 8.48 QYS pellets. A clean head shot will be "lights out". The .177 packs more power than people realize, Using my 97K shooting at 30 yards with a soft jsb exact 8.44, I cut a penny in half with two center hits.

Yes, and my Prosport spits them at about 900fps with the 8.48 QYS pellets. A clean head shot will be "lights out". The .177 packs more power than people realize, Using my 97K shooting at 30 yards with a soft jsb exact 8.44, I cut a penny in half with two center hits.
Exactly and that's why I only take head shot because I was once told "if you aim small, you will hit small" and it's truly. I've had a lot of fun with springers of all kinds because it's more of a challlenge than anything.

Sweet, how ya like that green pellet pouch? I was looking at that exact same one.
I like it. It takes some getting used to. That is the larger size and I have .22 caliber pellets in it. The smaller size with .177 cal is a bit fiddly but once I got used to it I really like them. There is something classic about using one with a spring gun. I have 3 total. One large green one and two small ones, brown and black. I have 14.66 gr H&N FTTs in the large. I have 8.4 .177 cal and 10.3 .177 cal in the other two.

Exactly and that's why I only take head shot because I was once told "if you aim small, you will hit small" and it's truly. I've had a lot of fun with springers of all kinds because it's more of a challlenge than anything.
Same here I like the challenge. I shot some pcp's there's not much to it..lol.

Reactions: Barn Owl
They look very good to me. I thinking of using 100% tung oil on my prosport, I hope it turns out good.
Hope the tung oil works for you. Never tried that myself so I'm can't comment on its finish. Be interesting to see. I've got a Custom Stocks Ltd CS700 on order for the ProSport as I find the factory stock too fat. I think I'm just going to use boiled linseed on that and skip the alkanet.