Other If you were to run out of air,

It is English, British Webley Tomahawk 22 with AGH tune kit. 10 shots 28 yards, also have the Longbow, British baby,I do have a German girlfriend though.
004.JPG
006.JPG

Too bad for the wait. When I called AOA for the first time just to see if/when they could get one, they just happened to have it and before I knew what happened it was ordered and on the way. Just so easy to order from them. I guess I got lucky that day. It was in stock, but the web site didn’t show it.

Hope you get yours soon. I put a Vortek spring kit in mine and polished the trigger a bit with some help from blzdlz on this forum. We had it shooting better than great in no time. It was good out of the box, but the spring kit took out some twang and made it even nicer to shoot.
Looking forward to it.
👍

I've had three compressor, scuba tank and hand pump. About four years ago there was no close place to charge my tank and my 6 or so PCP are good as dead ducks as I only weight abt 142 pounds and the best I can do is only 1500 lbs with the pump. So I'm enjoying my 12 German springers and many CO2 rifles and pistol as well as many of the same in pumpers. I don't need all of the baggage that my PCP air require and really don't miss fooling with them one bit. Maybe it's my age but for some reason shooting springers seem more like the process is your kinship with the gun that make it so enjoyable. Just an old farts opinion. Charles

I never got the itch for the PCP. I've got a bunch of different Weihrauchs that are quite enjoyable. The Hw30s being my favorite. My R1 my least favorite. If I need anymore power and accuracy than that, I'll simply reach for a powder burner. I have zero need or desire for a PCP and all it's maintenance equipment.

This has been beat to death before but I like springers because they're self contained and they make me feel like a kid again. Obviously I'll never run out of air, but if I had to pick one all around general purpose airgun it'd be a 177 Hw50. That's just me.

I never got the itch for the PCP. I have zero need or desire for a PCP and all it's maintenance equipment.

This has been beat to death before but I like springers because they're self contained and they make me feel like a kid again. Obviously I'll never run out of air, but if I had to pick one all around general purpose airgun it'd be a 177 Hw50. That's just me.
Ditto! To me, being self-contained is the essence of airgunning...grab a gun, and shoot it all day with no outside life-support beyond the projectiles themselves. I've gravitated to older guns over the years, and my favorite springer is the old HW 50 / 55 "family" - the only small-tube HW's with the classic threaded-on rear receiver.

IMG_4170.jpeg

I cut my airgunning teeth on good old American pump-up pneumatics though. I do love springers, and yeah an MSP is a bit more work, but it's not too hard to find a use for a light, recoilless, variable-power rifle!

IMG_0512.jpeg

WHY would anyone stop shooting if they had an "only" hand pump ? Hand pumps work just fine . That's why smart people have a hand pump along side of their compressor .
I have top end PCP's and a compressor and two hand pumps , haven't touched them in a year or more . 7 single shot springers and i shoot at least two tins of pellets a week .
I have my old Benjamin Hand pump ..... somewhere on the floor near my messy work bench.
Haven't used it in 3+ years, since I got my Xisco pump for the RAW's.
Hope to never use it again and would likely have to change the o-rings before I could:cautious:.

Reactions: beerthief
Reactions: Struckat
and you had no other way of charging your pcps other than a hand pump, what springer would you choose and why that one? Just a thought!
I asked this question because there's always going to be a "what if" for those of us that have totally transitioned into "pcps). For those that have not dove head first into the "dark side", I do understand where you're coming from because of all of the extra gear that comes with the luxury of pcps. I've hunted with springers for years with great success and it wasn't a problem going into the woods with my Beeman R1 in .177 and then later on with my Beeman R10D in .20 caliber. "Magnumitis" is what I called shooting my Beeman R1 is where I was stuck for years and with one well placed shot, you would be surprised as to what it's capable of if you do your part.

At the same time, my actual milage was going up (my age) and my ability to enjoy some of the finer things in life increased, I chose not to work so hard when it came to my passion. There's always going to be an "If or what if" in your life at some point but we only get to live once and then it's over!

IMG_0184.JPG

I'm sorry for the quality of this picture but I've taken more gays with this springer than one can imagine. The glass on this one has a BSA 3-post recticle on it at 4X33 power, I've only seen one scope like this and its clarity is beyond belief. It truly pays to have a back-up if one was to run or walk out of air. "It's just a thought".

and you had no other way of charging your pcps other than a hand pump, what springer would you choose and why that one? Just a thought!
I would simply hand pump my two Atomic XRs, they have small cyclinders… But I do have an R7 and HWK both in .177🤓

Last edited:
View attachment 424491
I'm sorry for the quality of this picture but I've taken more gays with this springer than one can imagine. The glass on this one has a BSA 3-post recticle on it at 4X33 power, I've only seen one scope like this and its clarity is beyond belief. It truly pays to have a back-up if one was to run or walk out of air. "It's just a thought".
A Beeman Sling?
I took mine off the gun for some bench shootng and don't know where it wound up. We moved and a lot of boxes are still unpacked. Unfortunately I also misplaced a turet cap off the old scope.
20230621_191240.jpg