Other If you were to run out of air,

WHY would anyone stop shooting if they had an "only" hand pump ? Hand pumps work just fine . That's why smart people have a hand pump along side of their compressor .
I have top end PCP's and a compressor and two hand pumps , haven't touched them in a year or more . 7 single shot springers and i shoot at least two tins of pellets a week .

Last edited:
I'm 64 and my kids are 21 & 18 ......
It's interesting how they view .... what my generation considered to be Fundamental Truth's about life.
I believe a mix of modern naivety/lack of perspective ..... as well as my stubbornness "see" a their solutions.

- I guess the same could be said of Airguns ................

Because I grew up with Springers & MMP's they feel more organic (part of ME), whereas my RAW's seem more like to high tech TOOL.
There is more interface and interaction. More effort put in. More time. The experience is completely different, and naturally does feel more congruous. The ease of use, raw accuracy and power of pcp have their own values. Each their own and appreciated.

My R9 would do but I would go old school and grab the mac1 Ld on co2. Will do 11 fpe and shoot 1"@ 50 yds with swfa 10x sf milquad on top.

20231125_112206.jpg

20231125_112222.jpg

20231204_134635.jpg

20231204_134646.jpg

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I've never owned a pcp so all I worry about is springs and pellets. My main piston guns are a 97K, a AA prosport and a green laminate 77K, although I still have my 1979 crosman 766 pumper that I rebuilt.
(97K .177)
IMG_6463.jpeg

(AA prosport .177)
IMG_6673.jpeg

(77K .177 green laminate)
IMG_3440.jpeg

All self contained and very accurate.
(79 model 766 shooting 700 fps with 7.33 jsb's)
IMG_6601.jpeg

✌🏻

My backup would be the weihrach 97k in .20. It is what I used for squirrels before I got my Revere PCP in .22. Still have and keep a good stock of the .20 pellets. This is the gun I pick up when I want to spent a little time plinking after work. Great rifle and good looking too.
One day AoA will fill my order. Its only been four months so far, and I've heard of if being as long as a 14 month wait.
I ordered the 96K Blue Lam, in .20 cal. At the same time I ordered an HW30S Deluxe in .20 cal, and it showed up in a couple days.

Reactions: bdzjlz
For this thread i would lump C02 in with compressors , involving no work to shoot or pay to shoot ?
One I f my favorite pistols is my crosman 38c. , but the co2 powerlet hassle these days keeps it in it's holster in the closet ..

Ol' springer and it's cock , load, shoot , repeat all day with my only overhead being another tin of pellets ..🥴

Reactions: bustachip
One day AoA will fill my order. Its only been four months so far, and I've heard of if being as long as a 14 month wait.
I ordered the 96K Blue Lam, in .20 cal. At the same time I ordered an HW30S Deluxe in .20 cal, and it showed up in a couple days.
Too bad for the wait. When I called AOA for the first time just to see if/when they could get one, they just happened to have it and before I knew what happened it was ordered and on the way. Just so easy to order from them. I guess I got lucky that day. It was in stock, but the web site didn’t show it.

Hope you get yours soon. I put a Vortek spring kit in mine and polished the trigger a bit with some help from blzdlz on this forum. We had it shooting better than great in no time. It was good out of the box, but the spring kit took out some twang and made it even nicer to shoot.

Reactions: .20calguy
I've thoroughly enjoyed everyone that's responded to my post and thanks to everyone that's given us your thoughts. It's great knowing that most of us are able to enjoy the sport that we've grown to love as "ripened" adults that we could never dream of as kids. For me, the "pump" isn't out of the question because I know that it's available if I'm up to the challenge. "Airgunitis" is very real whether you're shooting a pcp, a springer, multi-stroke pneumatic, single stroke pneumatic, CO2 or blow gun, it's just great being able to enjoy what you've worked for, you only live once to talk about!

Well, the only two PCPs I have are a Walther Maximathor .22 and a Logun MKII Pro thumbhole so I don’t need or own a compressor. The HW95 .22 is still the best all around springer I own. Not quite equal to my 97K long or 56 TH off a bench. But does it well. Not quite equal to my FWB 300 or Diana 75 at 10M. But does it well. Off hand it’s the equal of my .177 35E, .177 FWB 124, .177 Diana 45, and .22 HW50. But, more pop than any of them and easier to cock than everything but the FWB. If I were going to keep only one springer for all purposes it would be the one. But, that ain’t happening.

Reactions: .20calguy