• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

If you were to build the ultimate single PCP what would your build be ? Gun, Scope, accessories etc

Hey guys,

So, I have a FX Wildcat MK2 .25, and a Daystate Wolverine .177
I’m thinking of buying an additional gun/scope/accessories package, but I like the idea of interchanging barrels so I’ll never have to buy another gun again to get the caliber I want etc, and I don’t like removing a scope from a gun, and I also don’t want changing a barrel to be a long process.

I’m toying between an FX Impact 3, versus, a Daystate Alpha Wolf.

What would you choose and why?
You can go outside these brands but I think I’m interested in those two. I know there’s different versions coming of the Alpha Wolf, I heard the Alpha initially had concerns about slugs and glitches, that’s my main concern about such a pricey gun, what’s factual what’s here say

Also, scope etc,…..
Build away….the stage is yours, build your dream gun, feel free to share photos

Fenian,
AGT Vulcan 3 or Uragan 2, .30 with 700mm barrel (Synthetic stock). WestHunter cantilever scope mount with Vector Veyron 6-24x44 FFP, Non-IR. Here's the scope set-up on my Uragan .25, same as my Uragan 2, just no pics. WM
IMG_20221127_211212 (1).jpg

I think if you’re planning on swapping caliber the alpha will be tough to beat. I have an M3 but once I’ve set it up I haven’t fiddled with it. The ghost would also be another to consider.
Are slugs an issue with the Daystate Alpha Wolf ?
A lot of people are reporting issues firing slugs and literally the impact can’t be beat for same
Any thoughts?

Are slugs an issue with the Daystate Alpha Wolf ?
A lot of people are reporting issues firing slugs and literally the impact can’t be beat for same
Any thoughts?
I don’t know about the slugs in the alpha. I’ve been shooting 93 grain nsa at 915 out of my m3 and it does pretty decent. I’ve also heard the Uragans and raw do good with slugs.
Personally I really like the jsb mk2 heavy 33.95 for most uses. Pellets have been much easier to set up for and really I’m only using the heavier slugs to push the fpe for hunting. There is a lot of people more knowledgeable than me on here, I looked at a 700mm 22cal panthera this weekend. It was loooonnngggg but honestly didn’t handle bad.

My idea of a perfect pcp "repeater" doesn't exist.

But it'd be built like a Thomas slug gun and be capable of more than 100 fpe.
I want the action to be machined into the chassis "so both are one unit" which is also including the integral ARCA rail with fully adjustable everything/cheek piece, butt assembly, butt pad, grip placement, and attachment spots for weights, so the gun balances 55% front and 45% rear.

Yeh, so, it sounds like if you like to meddle and fiddle with things especially after a barrel change the impact is the one. If you prefer plug and play the Daystate.
I believe it’s a simple process, but anyone here have one that they can chime in?

If I was to just keep the one gun for a specific caliber then I’d go with the impact.

The main concern I’ve heard is the Daystate issue with slugs

I suggest an RTI Prophet Performance v1 for the following reasons:

I have timed myself changing calibers (barrel and probe) in less than 4 minutes.

The externally adjustable reg is TRULY externally adjustable- you can adjust the reg pressure up or DOWN with the simple turn of an allen key. No disassembly or depressurization required. The allen key slot is right there - easy to access.

The hammer spring preload is always accessible - no disassembly.

The trigger adjustments are easily accessible on the SIDE of the rifle. You can actually adjust the trigger while the rifle is sitting in a rest. I was able to adjust mine down to 2.8 ounces (!) and still pass the bump test.

RTI has barrels with slow twist rates for pellet shooting and faster twist rates for slugs.

The Prophet Performance can be quickly “tuned” to huge power levels, or be tuned down to docile plinking levels by simply turning allen keys.

The rifles are extremely solid with 15mm thick steel barrels - that are very rigid without addons.

The rifles are a simple, minimalist design and easy to maintain or disassemble to polish, etc.

It is the easiest rifle (I have FX also) to swap calibers and quickly have the new caliber shooting with the “tune” you desire.

Ed

I'd just call Martin and order another RAW. I like a few big parts rather than a bunch of little ones. As for the electronic guns, just not my favorite thing. I have a Red Wolf, and no complaints, it's a good rifle. But I'd never choose it over the RAW. Since the earlier Royale/Boss platform, FX has just become too feature laden for me. Just my preference, but I guess that was the question.

Reactions: JohnTaylor