• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A If you were In the market .

Isn't the red panda just a dolled up AEA?

I have read here on the forums that they are not related. They are supposed to be very well built. Only a few posts down from this one.

Skout Epoch or the soon to be Evo as I like my Epoch and ordered an Evo. The availability of parts, customer service and quality makes it easy for me. If all I wanted the rifle for was bench rest I might look at the Panda as it has good accuracy and did win big last year but don’t forget the pair behind the triggers of those Pandas

Reactions: Dairyboy
If you are comparing the two rifles, i would say that the Skout Epoch gives you more choices from it's platform.
has the ability to change barrel lengths and calibers in a few minutes. I am uncertain if you can change calibers/barrels on the Panda
You have to decide if you willing to charge electronics in your rifle, or have it mechanical. For some people, this is a turn-off.
What is the rifle going to be used for? If it is just for benchrest, both are event winners.
For walking/shooting in the woods, you have the panda @18lbs vs the Epoch @ 11lbs
Which is easier to tune? I really do not know the answer to this one, but i will say that tuning a rifle that doen't have a Hammer spring adjustment is easier for me
Customer service. I do know that the service from the Skout team has been EXCELLENT! No ones wants their new rifle to have ANY problems, but it is a comfort to know that a phone call will have the advice to solve your problems. Darryl has been very helpful over at Skout. If Darryl doesn't have a solution, Bill (one of the owners of Skout) will get involved to quickly solve the problem.
I do not have any doubts that the team from Donny FL wiil react the same
Parts availability? While Skout is based and manufactured in the U.S., Karma parts will need to be imported. If you are outside the U.S, this won't make much of a difference.

I think a lot of people, myself included, became interested in the Panda because of how it performed in Thane Simmon's hands. He's a top competitor. I also remember , from interviews i have seen, that a person can tune the Panda to the same level of performance that Thane used. So, i am guessing that all the Panda's that were brought by Donny FL to competitions had the same tune. The Donny FL team had more than 1 person shooting the Panda, yet it was Thane that was always on top. That's his skills and abilities, which are awesome i must say. Having the same rifle does not make you the same shooter..unfortunately
Once the Panda has a bigger distribution among the the airgunners, we can hear from more people on their experiences
just my thoughts

Reactions: Shortcut