If You Use Paypal, You Should Read This

Says I won the appeaI

I basically said that this was a decision that would change the industry and a good way to generate more revenue for paypal. I said that these air rifles were meant as a hobby sport and not meant as a weapon to kill. And that many high-schools around the United States compete in air rifle competitions with these pcps(didn't tell them sub 12ftlb ofc). Told them that people could buy air rifles from their local walmart without any form of license or identification . Finally mentioned the fact that these very same pcps were being sold on ebay. 

The email/effort was a resounding success. One day after submission of the email I receive confirmation of the refund. Not sure if they caved in from it being a 2nd appeal or whether my email did it. 

Oh God I am so happy! Good things come to people who are patient and who don't rub into the other persons face when they won the appeal based on terms and conditions.

When I logged into paypal, It said this too, very strange. Will need to call them to double check.:

Upon further review of this case, we have granted the seller's appeal. The seller may contact you to request that you return the refund that was previously issue to you.

Maybe it's a glitch?

This looks to me like the Seller appealed their decision and they, after further review, have ruled in his favor. Also looks like they refunded you, and are saying he can request his $$ back.

I too would like to know about the shroud

I only know this,I have Never had a problem with paypal....and have purchased many pellet guns through them...then again I have never had a problem....in over 1000 transactions,but then again maybe I am lucky .....I would be careful about dust collectors and such as I Know those things can be a red flag and get you in deep poop.

It is a good thing to let people know the problems one has encountered and the outcome,thank you for your info.

Based on the pics he posted of the Barrel/shroud end piece it appears to be almost identical to my WC .177. Of course the .25 has the back vents enlarged quite a bit from the .177 but the end piece he pictured looks "stock" according to my "stock" end piece.

BTB stated that the shroud looks just like his? Except with larger air vents for the .25

If you ask me this is throwing up red flags all over the place.

This is an awful lot of hoopla over a piece on a used gun that could be upgraded for $100. 

marcella69 ,

Straight up ( hey not REALLY my business, unless maybe I wanted to buy/sell) why have you changed your screen name after such a long absence?

Just lost your password? 

More fun to act like your someone other than yourself?

Other?

Fell free to drop me a PM if you want it private. ( not my first try contacting you eh?)

John

It is really sad that PayPal will not prevent a crime/scam. (Justice is blind) Reguardless of what you are buying. They do not govern the legality or the morality of any purchase. They are there simply to ensure a safe a reliable transaction is completed. 

TRANSACTION i.e.

Seller gets paid! Buyer gets the item/service!

Someone should to file a class suit against PayPal violating/discriminating against the 2nd Amendment! If you can get sued for refusing service to Gays? Then you should be able to sue PayPal for refusing service to gun owners!
It is still a form of prejudice!

It is really sad that PayPal will not prevent a crime/scam. (Justice is blind) Reguardless of what you are buying. They do not govern the legality or the morality of any purchase. They are there simply to ensure a safe a reliable transaction is completed. 

TRANSACTION i.e.

Someone should to file a class suit against PayPal violating/discriminating against the 2nd Amendment! If you can get sued for refusing service to Gays? Then you should be able to sue PayPal for refusing service to gun owners!

Did you actually read this thread? If so how do you think PP should rule? The OP paid his money and the gun was shipped. The OP "thought" the seller mis-represented the gun. He thought the shroud was "custom". I sent him pic and my WC .177 has a shroud this is almost identical. He even agreed that he thought it had FX modular pieces on the end which he was unable to get off. It was apparently purchased from AOA but the OP did NOT call them to see if it was factory, or custom. He was using the "diagnosis" of an LDC maker who I don't think even saw the gun in person.

When AOA sells guns they list the LDC's they install as NON-REMOVABLE due to the thread sealer they put on them during assembly.

To sum it up, the seller says gun is stock, and looks stock according to what I have. But the OP says it's not, and did not contact AOA to see if it was. How would YOU rule if you worked for PayPal?

TRANSACTION i.e.

Did you actually read this thread? If so how do you think PP should rule? The OP paid his money and the gun was shipped. The OP "thought" the seller mis-represented the gun. He thought the shroud was "custom". I sent him pic and my WC .177 has a shroud this is almost identical. He even agreed that he thought it had FX modular pieces on the end which he was unable to get off. It was apparently purchased from AOA but the OP did NOT call them to see if it was factory, or custom. He was using the "diagnosis" of an LDC maker who I don't think even saw the gun in person.

When AOA sells guns they list the LDC's they install as NON-REMOVABLE due to the thread sealer they put on them during assembly.

To sum it up, the seller says gun is stock, and looks stock according to what I have. But the OP says it's not, and did not contact AOA to see if it was. How would YOU rule if you worked for PayPal?

You make a great point. Buyer really needs to iron out details, get a complete understanding, and do his due diligence. Maybe op will return.

Regarding PayPal being anti 2A though, I've heard that for a long time. I believe it is true, but I also see plenty of parts sites that accept PayPal.