If you only had 1 Airgun to keep ...

@richardo - very cool... glad to see a springer on the "one gun" list!
@Crittahitta - I'm an Airforce fan and own a few ;) But man, I miss my old Sheridan Bluestreak! That was my 2nd airgun, I was 14. Gotta get another!
@Michael - wow, what a neat "all-around" gun! 
@Saltlake58 - the Impact might be my next gun ... right now the R5M is winning me over... subject to change
@Centercut - I was so, so, close to buying Steve's Bobcat a few months ago. Lost sleep over it. Great shooting, bro! 

Keep'em coming guys... this is interesting 4sure!

No limitations? Air was not an issue? Parts wasn't an issue?
My dream gun is the FX Impact"X" which I just got. :)

But if there were some limiting factors?

The choice would probably change.

As for now my P-rod isn't going anywhere any time soon. (I love that thing!)

No air source?
I'd pick the Benji 392

Wife gave me an ultimatum to only keep one gun???
Definitely the Impact"X"

Reactions: skygear
The Hatsan 125 .22 sniper in spring power, a very quiet air gun generally Springers are long lasting guns so Parts shouldn't be a problem and there are no air requirements just cock and shoot. it has near PCP power at 1,000 FPS with lead ammo and I have them all 3 different calibers same model in .177 .22 and .25 I would take the .22 over the .177 because .22 is more powerful and the .22 over the .25 because ammo is easier to find in .22 than in .25 push comes to shove you can put most anything in this air gun and push it out fast and accurately enough to feed yourself or just have fun. I also think that the topic should be if you only had 1 air gun of each type i.e PCP and Springer witch pcp and witch springer would you keep? 

I've had great luck with all our springers. Even have a Benjamin springer in .25. Game Hunter extremes, whisperlite, ... I had been eying the IMPACT since before it was released. Only waited until recently to invest in the "X" - Already have the airsource worked out to the 3 45min t tanks I have, compressor in transit and investing in a hand pump too. Pellets? - This .30cal is great. Going to get one of the Johnny Lee H.M HEN moulds so no pellets will ever be an issue again. ordering a couple kits for the O-Rings and replaceable parts so I have them. 

SO- SHTF (poop Hits The Fan) or only 1 gun.

IMPACT X .30 in 700mm barrel, DonnyFL Supressor, Atlas Bi-Pod, Hawke Sidewinder 6-24x56 FFP, Side Shot Extreme Capacity Magazine, Maybe the Monopod rear rest replacement?

1. Full takedown and can fit in a backpack (kind of) make it unrecognizable,. 
2. Swapable bottles. (I need to see if there is an adapter so I can fill using an adapter or similar.)
3. Swapable calibers.
4. accurate. 
5. adjustable power on the fly
6. so far easy to shoulder. 
7. might grab a thermal scope for it. 

"Oregun"@skygear - your SHTF factor analysis is genius! Really like the 7 points that you bring up!!!
left out the other points, but, here they are anyways.

8. with the pellet mould, ammo will never be an issue - lead is everywhere, / H.M HEN Mould in .30 cal - precision mould. 
9. Louis and clark used an airgun to hunt while exploring.... 
10. spare parts on order
11. spare bottle
12. hand pump for SHTF
13. looting dive shops/ fire departments/ air gas companies & suppliers/ natural gas companies etc. that have HP tanks won't ever be an issue as most of the population has no clue - however, bag full of fittings for most tanks, regulator, and spare 0-rings for fittings.
14. with all the stuff, it would still be lighter than all the ammo for a powder burner you would need to carry in the same situation, - I can carry ~1000+ rounds of ammo/ pellets for the PCP in a pocket....
15. in the above mentioned situation, most likely you would be carrying openly on a sling, so pack space wouldn't be that huge of a factor. Most spare parts and fittings would be the size of a fist or less. 

"Oregun"@richardo - very cool... glad to see a springer on the "one gun" list!
@Crittahitta - I'm an Airforce fan and own a few ;) But man, I miss my old Sheridan Bluestreak! That was my 2nd airgun, I was 14. Gotta get another!
@Michael - wow, what a neat "all-around" gun! 
@Saltlake58 - the Impact might be my next gun ... right now the R5M is winning me over... subject to change
@Centercut - I was so, so, close to buying Steve's Bobcat a few months ago. Lost sleep over it. Great shooting, bro! 
Keep'em coming guys... this is interesting 4sure!
R5M -/ R3M was me all the way. UNTIL... Until I had hands on with the FX IMPACT, I just wanted/ waited for the "2nd generation" to make sure the majority of the kinks were worked out. 

R5M - Availability of parts? Change caliber? Change barrel lengths? Change power? Change power on the fly? Support? He did put more work into the suppressor this time. Still using probes vs foster fitting? ~connecting rod still vs newer system on the Impact? Electronic gauge~? - cool but water resit=stancy, and DTF (duration til failure)?

Very tough decision for me. My 4 are:
1. Cricket compact .22 tuned by Ernest. Jsb 18.1 @ 865.
2. FWB 124d tuned by David Slade. Jsb 8.4 @ 860.
3. Rws 54 .22 ( headed to John in PA soon)
4. CZ 200 t.177. (modded), removed original transfer port.
A. With 3mm x 8mm screw and hammer spring adj . 
180b fill down to 130b. 870 for to 905 to 870 for 30 shots (15 fpe) jsb 8.4. (jsb 10.3 @ 820 for 15.38 fpe)
B. Change transfer port to 3mm x 10mm screw, same fill
800 fps to 823 to 800 for 40 shots.
C. Extra modded air tube with Pott removed and valve spring massaged. 3mm x 8 mm screw. This is where rhe fun begins. Fill to 170b down to 130b. Jsb 13.4 average 845 fps for 25 shots. 21 fpe
For me the Cz. Can go from mild to wild by changing tp and tube. Light, brain dead accurate, accessory rail, cute and did I say accuracy. Tough call on the FWB 124d but cant pass up the versatility of the cz.

Glad to see at least a few springers! If it had to be just one, probably my Macarri built R9TK with David G custom stock. It looks great, is trim and easy to carry, shoots hard enough for hunting (about 13-14 fpe), but without any harshness. Cocking isn't too difficult, and it cocks like the internals are bathed in butter. And, for whatever reason, I can shoot it especially well off-hand, so it's great for plinking or punching paper or whatever. Just the perfect, all-around gun. 

But this is all just hypothetical. Realistically, I can easily justify why at LEAST 5 are absolutely, positively necessary. Probably more like 10. Maybe more. Ok, probably more...

And Randy_68, you be sure to let me know when you finally get bored with that 124. I already have one (ok, maybe 2)...but desperately need another because IMHO, every 124 ever made deserves a piece of lumber like yours.