If you haven't experienced gyro-stabilized binoculars....

If you haven't experienced gyro-stabilized binoculars you got to get your hands on the new Sig Sauer ZULU6 HDX models 10x, 12x, 16x, 20x

I've had other bino's with IS but this Sig's IS is in a class by itself in it's ability to stabilized the 10x image, with 2 settings of IS.

Great size for what it dose and only 19 oz, with the IS it gives me the ability to set the focus more precisely

I'm only nit-picking but it should come with some kind of front caps and the rears should have been a single piece but the size, weight, image quality makes up for it.

Give them a try, if you haven't ever tried gyro-stabilized binoculars this is the king and not over the top in price ether (y)

Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 10.47.44 AM.jpg

No thanks, Sig like virtually everyone else, has a very short warranty on electronics. And the storie's....run. There never is any repair, just replacement during the short warranty. If I were to spend serious money on something like that, it would be with someone like Swarovski or Zeiss on their top of the line stuff, not the cheap(relatively speaking) price point stuff they make. My personal experience with Swarovski, I needed a repair on my SLC bino's, not swaro's fault, stupid ignorant friend gorrilla'd an eye cup and broke it. F'in bastasdoi8yi!!!! Way out of warranty by a few years, on top of they likely would not have been warrantied any way. I had purchased them from a couple left overs a native indian tribe had purchased on a direct deal with swarovski. there were a small number their tribes members didn't want to pony up for and I got one knowing it likely would have no warranty. But I saved nearly 40% on the purchase. I had to talk to Swarovski overseas, U.S. service would not speak to me. Overseas gave me address and RMA even though years out of warranty(if it would have applied) and I told them exactly how they were broken by a stupid person and to send me a bill before the shipped them back. I paid to ship them to them, and got an email notification when they recieved them. A couple months later they arrived back home, packing info showed they had taken them completely apart, qc'd the lenses(passed no replacement needed), and set them completely to brand new status only having to replace the eyecup stop, no charge, no shipping back to me.

The title to the thread is, have you experienced IS, especially of the advancement of the Sig's models
Your comments of the warranty is BS because there's is a generous 10 years and the advancement of electronic have greatly improved
Not to mention how people are buying all sorts of product that are pure electronics as there source of function
Look at how many Tesla's are sold, mys well give up your stereo, TV, microwave and every other electronic item up too
But you haven't even seen what the IS is like in the Sig's is laughable

Last edited:
Reactions: Ranchibi
The title to the thread is, have you experienced IS, especially of the advancement of the Sig's models
Your comments of the warranty is BS because there's is a generous 10 years and the advancement of electronic have greatly improved
Not to mention how people are buying all sorts of product that are pure electronics as there source of function
Look at how many Tesla's are sold, mys well give up your stereo, TV, microwave and every other electronic item up too
But you haven't even seen what the IS is like in the Sig's is laughable
I have used several IS optics in the last few years, including one's costing over 10K. I spend some time when invited with some very wealthy friends and get to use current mil gear, far better than Sig's commercial stuff. I own none. They hold no interest to me and sig has a horrible reputation on non-firearm warranty issues.

As to your warranty claims on sig, NOT on electronics, go read there electro-optics warranty. key is this disclaimer: "Please note that our Infinite Guarantee excludes coverage for intentional damage, misuse, cosmetic damage that does not affect the performance of the optic, loss, theft, or unauthorized repair or modification. Excludes electronic and Tritium components. "

see the lovely excludes electronics? A little further down from there is the 5 year warranty on electronics contained in their optics, 5 years. And with very little research you will find lots of people with bricks from Sig that weren't past the 5 years but were denied replacement either because of some fine print or they don't make that model any longer.
Let me help you, here is a link to sigs warranty, read it.

I moved up to the 12x model after realizing the extra power was not an issue with the superior IS of the SIg
I created my own front element lens cover and got a after market eye-cup cover
View attachment 446618
It's a cool looking bino too! With IS, a nigher magnification is easily doable! Haven't tried one yet, but as I get older I might need it's capabilities.....I recently purchased a new to me Zeiss Conquest HD 8x32 and I can hold them pretty steady...so far....😂👍 Enjoy glassing thru those!

Reactions: Goldwing