If you could only keep one gun, which would it be?

Ummmm..that's difficult choosing one.

US made & Classic
20211218_105323.jpg

Of my five PCPs, I would keep my Atomic XR... It's capabilities exceed its size and power level. This one could easily be the only one, I use it almost daily...
Easy choice - It would be my NEXT ONE - it has multi caliber options, never needs air, sights itself in at any distance out to 100 yards and manages to disappear itself whenever it hears “is that a new gun”.

I am now 68 and have owned or currently own lots of both springers, nitro piston and PCP air rifles. Out of them all two stand above all the rest.

Springer..........The HW95. Fun, easy to shoot, and very accurate. My tuned 95 is just as accurate as any 97. After 20 years of practice......Grin!!

PCP.............The FX Crown 2. The supreme invention of mankind when it comes to a PCP. So accurate is can get boring. One inch groups all day every day at 100 yards with weighed and sorted pellets.

So I would keep those two.

If hung up by the thumbs with threat of torture, out of these two I would keep the HW95. Simply more fun.

Cheers
Kit

Reactions: cavedweller
Only able to keep one?!?!?! Man that is like forcing someone to decide which child is their favorite!

First choice would have to be the RedWolf. I have plenth of batteries for my Rc stuff, so that isn't an issue. And with the 700cc tank on it the shot count is awesome.

Though between the RedWolf and the Theoben MK2 is a hard choice! The Rapid is one of those guns that everyone has wanted for years.

impossible won’t even consider the possibility. i’m like a woman with shoes with small bores and airguns
I felt the very same. But I thought before all the rest of the guns I purchased, the fx Royale just does it. Don't get me wrong I like the looks of the Day states better but I'm older and looks more conventional

Reactions: Solo1
I will have stick to my Old School PCP.
Chip Smith Designed and Machined Titanium Franken-Rapid MKII.
22" .22 LW Polygonal barrel and Carbon fiber shroud.
Also it has Titanium Air-tube and custom trigger...
She will give me 12 good shots @70fpe.
It is fitted with a custom tactical chassis from Chip with a MagPul PRS stock....
Final%20ti-rapid.jpg

It would be a hard choice between my Benchrest Impact M3 in .30 or my Prophet in .22 I’ve got 3x the money into the M3 and taken coyotes boar and a few dear without issue but I’ve taken so many Rabbits, squirrels, a few turkeys and hundreds of birds with the prophet it’s my go to gun to grab for hunting it’s lite accurate and powerful. Honestly I can’t choose these two guns are like having two girlfriends and you love both of them for different reasons lol.
That's funny when I was a young man I had that problem. Fell in love with two women. Dated them at the same time like a dope and lost both. No chance your airgun will leave you tho. I loved that analogy.

Definitely my Ernest-tuned Colibri. Best hunting AG I ever had. Powerful, accurate and nimble. If I reflect on the last 5 or 6 years, pound for pound had more fun with this AG than any of the others combined. (Day or night) , and never a hiccup.

View attachment 279043
Holy crap, that's alot of rats. I like the guns too, but wow.

I will have stick to my Old School PCP.
Chip Smith Designed and Machined Titanium Franken-Rapid MKII.
22" .22 LW Polygonal barrel and Carbon fiber shroud.
Also it has Titanium Air-tube and custom trigger...
She will give me 12 good shots @70fpe.
It is fitted with a custom tactical chassis from Chip with a MagPul PRS stock....
Final%20ti-rapid.jpg
I have been looking for one of those stocks for years! Now that I have my MK2 it is even worse. You are one lucky guy!!

I have been looking for one of those stocks for years! Now that I have my MK2 it is even worse. You are one lucky guy!!
Chip made a limited number of his tactical chassis for Standard Bottle Rapids. Chip made three runs of them!
Well on his second run, I asked him if he could do something special... I had this Titanium Tube I was planning to use!
He jump on right on it. He it would take about 10 min. of editing his CAD drawing...
Then it was a matter of throwing some raw material on his CNC Mill...
Well the Chip's California Special Tactical chassis was born... rest is history.....

Here are a couple of early photos..before the final anodizing, and before I adapted an AR15 hand grip..
chip%20stock.jpg

chip.jpg