If you could only keep one gun, which would it be?

If I didn't have powder guns it'd be my 177 Hw50. It's just a great all around air rifle. It's a nice sized handy gun that points and shoulders well. It's good enough for light pesting and a lot of fun to plink.

Since I do have PBs and the room to use them I'd keep my peep sighted Hw30. It's the most fun rifle I own. I can easily mow through a tin of pellets in a session. It's stupid accurate, easily cocked, quiet and just a hoot to shoot.

20220630_161627.jpg

Really tough call...
Probably my Delta Wolf but it would be highly unlikely that I would give up my Red Wolf, Evol standard, Career 707 in 22, Sam Yang 20 cal, USFT, or Theoben Rapid Mk1 as any of those are well built, exceptionally accurate, and versatile...

Then there's the springers and pumpers...

Yeah... tough call... not happening . ..

Bob

Lo
Theoben SLR 98 in .22. w/ Leupold 6.5-20X 40. Easy handling; warm, tactile wood; seven shot mag or ss tray; fine power and accuracy; and, it is self contained!lo

Theoben SLR 98 in .22. w/ Leupold 6.5-20X 40. Easy handling; warm, tactile wood; seven shot mag or ss tray; fine power and accuracy; and, it is self contained!
I always wanted one of those guns, bought a pro elite instead.

If I didn't have powder guns it'd be my 177 Hw50. It's just a great all around air rifle. It's a nice sized handy gun that points and shoulders well. It's good enough for light pesting and a lot of fun to plink.

Since I do have PBs and the room to use them I'd keep my peep sighted Hw30. It's the most fun rifle I own. I can easily mow through a tin of pellets in a session. It's stupid accurate, easily cocked, quiet and just a hoot to shoot.

View attachment 278546
What is that rear sight? looks nice,i want 1

SHTF? BSA Lightning GRT .25. It makes meat, carries light and would match up well with an aperture sight.

Just limited to one gun? I have three barrels for my "frankren rifle". It's a Condor (Talondor). They are 20 caliber, 22 caliber and 25 caliber. I've got two hammers half a dozen Hammer springs the top hat with inserts... I can tune it to shoot anywhere from 8 or 10 ft lb with a couple of hundred shots per charge to 60 or 70 ft lb with probably 20 or 25 shots per charge. Yesterday while I was setting it up it shot a 25.39 grain jsb monster heavy at 1198 feet per second before I put a choke in the top hat to slow it down. That's 81 ft lb.

Right now it's shooting barracuda match 21.1 grain at about 950 ft per second. It's holding about two MOA. That's close enough for groundhogs out to about 125 yd.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrP and The Codger
Tough to say with my limited pcp experience, it’s between the IM3 and the TPV, haven’t shoot the IM3 since the TPV is here and the scope on the IM3 is off for a replacement so as of right now it’s between the 2. Tunability gotta got to the IM3. But I enjoy them both and mostly shooting with cleaned/lubed CPHP .22 from 30-50yd. Will do some comparison when the scope comes back on the IM3. But you already know, you can’t have one. 😂

Last edited: