If you could only keep one gun, which would it be?

Hello everyone,

Boy that is a tough question, however if my life depended on choosing just one......it would be the FX Crown MK II .177 cal and of course the RAW HM1000X .22 cal and obviously the Diana Bandit .177 cal. Hey that wasn't so hard after all ;)

Have a great day,
ThomasT

Easy. .20 Veteran

13.73grainers @ 800fps for field target/low power pesting
15.89grainers @915 for extreme field target and long range pesting

Don't even have to make many compromises there, the .20/13.73 is almost as good as the .177/10.34 for low power use-just as accurate but not quite as flat of a trajectory. And the .20/15.89 has a BC nearly as good as the .22/25.4gr MRD for the long range/high power stuff.

Although if it was my ONLY gun, I'd probably do a bit of reconfiguring by swapping the barrel over onto a Standard length tube (currently it is on a Short) for more shots on the high power configuration. Would also steal a shroud from a Vet Standard or Long to keep the tube from being longer than the barrel.

Reactions: jura1976
I am actually going to say my Impact Compact .177 setup with my sightmark wraith 4k , its a tough choice between that and my veteran compact, I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY AND RELIABILITY of the veterans but having a 190 shot shot count making 24 fpe with a .177 and being able to have MOA accuracy out to 80 yards (so far thats all ive tested) , is insane... what can I say.

I would say my Taipan Vet standard. simple to use yet powerful and accurate enough even out past 100 yards. shoots pellets with the same accuracy at most all speeds and distances, yet I can throw a 21g H&N slug in there and drop woodchucks out to 140 yards with no problem. The vet is a straight-up shooter without the tinkering of the even higher-end rifle! (no hate on the big guys just my opinion and preference as I've never tried an FX, RAW, Daystate, etc.)

My personally modified RAW HM1000X in .22 and .25

With

External Valve adjuster
External plenum
Peek valve
Valve stem opening in atmosphere
SSG
Improved breach with O ring arrangement
Improved pellet probe
35 grams hammer weight instead of 78 grams
Indexable transfer port
My personally designed moderator
BSA old stock cold hammer forged barrel
Improved regulator

I don't remember any more improvements that I have done to my RAW guns.

Bhaur

My .22 Cricket mini Carbine, 18.1s at 880 FPS... In a word, it just "shoots". Does what we all expect an airgun to do, and does it accurately and every single time.

128734E4-6B7A-4CBE-93D7-0E2DE81F7EB1.jpeg

Last edited:
Vern_ my HP.177 Redwolf with Heli-board. Shoots pretty good. 10.34 @930 for FT and 16.20 @960 for .22 type power are very accurate. Having won Benchrest 25 meter 250 scores, I beat all guns in the extreme class with it. My 3rd place was higher than the Extreme division's first place.2018 EBR American FT 3rd place Sniper Division. 2021 Az. State Title Hunter PCP class. YA, VERN he is pretty alright. OH, it also has a tensioned barrel and harmonic dampening kit. Available very soon. Contact me @azxft.com.

Last edited: