If you could only have one CO2 pistol?

For you that shoot CO2 pistols. If you could only own one CO2 pistol. Which one?

My pick would be a 38T .22 the reasons. It's a .22, very fun to shoot. Accurate single action, a great trigger not bad as a double action. The history behind the two models. It almost all metal construction. The gun is not complicated to repair. 5 easy mods for it. The revolver has the weight, the size, the correct grips, the adjustable sights, firing action and all the features in which the pistol it replicates.

Oh did I mention how much fun they are?
20220425_1200102.1650914490.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, me too. Not much of a fan of CO2.
I've bought a few here and there, and not been satisfied much, if at all.

Out of a "few", CO2 guns.

The Umarex Walther CP99.
1679177079639.jpeg

And the Umarex Colt Government 1911 A1.
1679177134492.jpeg

Are the only ones that I've kept up with, kept clean, etc.
I actually melted two in a cast iron pan with a torch, just for the hell of it !

Mike

Last edited:
I dont like Co2 anything its a springer or a PCP for me, To me Co2 seems to be just a big sink hole, got to buy the Co2 cartages and cant leave a used cartage in the gun, It will just leak out... I do not see any Pros to shooting a Co2.
Mike
Then why even reply.

The pros
To improve your Handgun skills
Fun
Indoor shooting all year
Teaching young shooters gun safety
To name a few.

Shoot a CO2 until your done. Don't leave a gun charged. It will ruin your seals.

Last edited:
Yeah, me too. Not much of a fan of CO2.
I've bought a few here and there, and not been satisfied much, if at all.

Out of a "few", CO2 guns.

The Umarex Walther CP99.
Picture to follow

And the Umarex Colt Government 1911 A1.
Picture to follow

Are the only ones that I've kept up with, kept clean, etc.
I actually melted two in a cast iron pan with a torch, just for the hell of it !

Mike
At least you gave a answer. The 1911 decent.

Crosman 2240 for me. Added a little longer barrel and it's super accurate and a little quieter. I've got a 357 revolver by Black Ops Exterminator with 8 inch barrel. It has the individually loaded BB cartridges that load like the real gun with a swing out cylinder. The realistic level is pretty cool. My pride and joy is a 1966 model Crosman MKII with factory barrel. I always wanted to get a longer LD barrel setup on it, but it shoots great as is. Has the dual power level cocking and adjustable hammer spring. I'm just a airgunoholic at heart. I'll shoot them all be it Co2, PCP, springer whatever. If it pushes a pellet or bb down the barrel I'm all in :)
Ray

It would have to be a 2240. I'm so used to playing with these it is now second nature.

I use a drop of 3 letter organization on the tip of the cart and I leave them in the gun for weeks at a time.View attachment 341451
i also got into the 2250/2250's for about 5yrs first one i purchased was a chrome 2240 or 50 , i can't remember for sure , but still have it somewhere, any way i received it & it was leaking , sent away for repair , got it back it leaked worse, sent it back , got it back was the same leak(instant cart dump) contacted the repairman & he told me to throw it in the river,that did not go well with me , so i started ordering Boss valves, from a guy in Ohio, & then longer barrels , also stainles roller triggers from i think Cothran , not sure. heck i had parts coming in every week & also more 2240/50"s that was my first rabbit hole .. still have a couple or so left .. then thew hole got much deeper with the purchase of a A/F Talon SS , but that is another story ..

Reactions: Septicdeath