If you could go shooting or hunting with anyone on the forum...

I thought this might be a fun topic to discuss. If you could go shooting or hunting with anyone here on Airgun Nation who would it be? Here are my suggested rules. You can pick a maximum of 3 people, most here could come up with way more than that but limiting it to 3 will make you think a little harder on the subject. You don’t have to list 3 and I’m sure everyone can come up with at least one member. Please don’t list someone who you have already met in person. This is more of a getting to meet and know someone new instead of meeting up with your regular shooting buddies. You can list anyone who you have regular PM’s with or even speak to over the phone as long as you haven’t met them face to face. I suggest you include a brief summary of why you chose a particular person but that’s completely optional and not required. I’ll get us kicked off...

1. Odoyle / Yo - I think he will probably make a few others list as well even if he’s been MIA for a couple months. My reason is he seems like an extremely interesting person and to see if this guy is actually real. It’s kinda of like a Sasquatch, The Loch Ness Monster, Aliens or perhaps even the Chupacabra. You either think they are real or fake but not 100% sure either way. I myself have had positive interaction with Odoyle and I sure would like to learn more about who he really is. Who knows, maybe we will have an Odoyle sighting here on the forum in the near future.

2. JungleShooter - Matthias seems like a super nice person and is always helping other members with great information. From his scope selection spreadsheets to his deep understanding of ChairGun, he is always providing good information. He is the king of data around here and has helped me several times when I had a question. I also have always wanted to visit Peru and see the Amazon Jungle and I’m sure I would get the grand tour if I ever got to go.

3. Motorhead - Scott seems like a stand up, no BS, tell it like it is guy and I really respect that. A master tuner who has probably forgotten more about airguns than I will ever know. He is also extremely knowledgeable about my favorite airgun, the Taipan Veteran. I’m sure he could learn me a thing or two about the Taipan and I just might be able to talk him into doing his “peek” modification to make mine a little quieter. 

There were many others here that I could list but I wanted to keep it at three. So thank you to my above three members who made the list for being helpful and sharing what you know to myself and others who are crazy about this hobby and sport. And also thanks to everyone else who takes the time to answer questions to help others and not just say use the search function like many other forums do. I guess that just shows that air gunners stick together and are truly in a class of our own. Thanks for reading and participating....Eddie AKA Cannonball.

Stoti— he seems like a personable guy. I like how he includes his boys in his posts and seems like a proud father. He helped me out by answering my questions. He shoots the guns I am most interested in.

Knifemaker— he has a great knowledge of slug shooting and is very willing to share what he knows.

bdzjlz— A very generous member. He made a very kind offer and helped me out resorting a rifle I’d had for over 35 years. 

There are many members who have been helpful and generous during my time here and it would be a pleasure to hang out with many of them.

This is a tough one: 

@Max115 I enjoy his pesting videos, especially ratting on farms. I’ve never gone ratting so it looks like it would serve a practical propose and be a new experience for me. He shoots a variety of air rifles and I believe I could learn a lot from him. I’m not so big on pesting starlings, but after reading about how problematic they’ve become I’d be willing to give it a go. Considering there are many farms in my region, the experience may be something I could apply locally in my spare time. I also enjoy his commentary and humor (displayed in short poems at the start of his videos). He generally seems like a cool guy.

@Davidsng I find his enthusiasm for shooting and the hunt to be pretty dynamic. He is knowledgeable about airgun shooting, function, and modifications. I find his reviews informative. I also like the fact that he hunts some animals that I’m familiar with. Furthermore, I can appreciate that he shares videos and accounts of successful hunts as well as failures in order to allow us to learn along with him.

@Crosman999 First off, I’m a fan of Dana’s presentation. From written stories to edited videos he paints a picture that I can often see myself in. I like the terrain that he selects. From rabbits and hares to hogs he’s selected various types of animals I have or would hunt. I can also appreciate the outdoorsman in him. He doesn’t only enjoy the hunt, but also interacting with and being in nature. It’s the total experience. Even when he’s on the self deprecating side, the outings still appear to be enjoyable. Coupled with backing from AOA, we get to learn about different guns through his experiences.

I’d say @blackpaw, @jungleshooter, and @JFCharrua deserve honorable mentions too. This is a really tough question. Good topic though. Curious to see what others have to say. 

INTENEEATY22 great guy big heart .He reached out to me when things were on the downs for me,,.I wont forget that,,,,,im dyeing to shoot the one and only DEADPOOL.. spending the day shooting with CHRISTAN,Im sure we could come up with great content for his channel

JOEWAYNERHEA another who has helped me ton's with all my scope questions,,I like the way JOE rolls no BS says it like it is ,,i bet we would have a good ole time .whacking paper..

IMOLD just a great guy loves all his toys and has a kick ass range to boot,,its been a while {too long} since we have talked ,it would be awesome to spend the day BSing and having fun shooting with my friend

for me its all about the comradery that this forum brings HYNZIE4S

There are quite a few guys here that I wouldn’t mind shooting with across all the airgun disciplines. Maybe share the different methods to our madness. When it comes to hunting, I think I’ve killed about everything that walks, crawls or slithers in North America. Over the last 40 years of hunting I have never had the desire to hunt with a random dude or celebrity hunter. But iguanas intrigue me and I’ve never shot one, so therefore I would want to hunt with Orion.

@Crosman999 First off, I’m a fan of Dana’s presentation. From written stories to edited videos he paints a picture that I can often see myself in. I like the terrain that he selects. From rabbits and hares to hogs he’s selected various types of animals I have or would hunt. I can also appreciate the outdoorsman in him. He doesn’t only enjoy the hunt, but also interacting with and being in nature. It’s the total experience. Even when he’s on the self deprecating side, the outings still appear to be enjoyable. Coupled with backing from AOA, we get to learn about different guns through his experiences.

+1000 agree! I love Dana's video presentations and the way he brings the viewer right there with him to experience his adventures as if we are right there with him.

But ultimately... I'd go shooting with just about anyone here!