• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

If you could design the perfect pcp, what would it Consist of?

We all have serched for the perfect pcp. One thats powerful, accurate, gets alot of shots. Is reliable easy to work on. All these things. But if you could make your own, what would it look like?

Mine would start with a Raw hm1000x style block. With a large plenum 100cc, 700cc air tank. I would use the dawson Ceramic ball bearing style trigger. I would use a solid bull barrel say 20mm OD maybe a lilja. For the stock a GRS with a 3 inch forend for benchrest. Weaver base for the scope. For the regulator id go with Huma. For materials titanium and 7075 aluminum.

My perfect pcp would be a one off type deal. Texan style receiver but scaled up significantly to accept the 40inch or so 2 bore bull barrel. The barrel would have to thread into the receiver and be free floated of course. The plenum would be a one liter tank on back of the gun. The air tank would be ten liters or so and would sit on the bottom of the gun and would hook into some sort of swivel setup that would have macro and micro adjustments. There would be a seat attached to it that would rotate with the gun kinda like an anti aircraft gun. It would have an optic rail offset to the left because left eye dominance. But also iron sights. Big long side lever (for leverage on the big ole hammer spring) with a top feed magazine. And the whole thing would be mounted on an off road vehicle. round balls would weigh a half pound but there would be .75 pound hollow points and 1 pound altaros style boat tails...and there would be tangerine tipped projectiles.

I did so with my 50 caliber. Its ugly but it works and works well.
20230223_214727.jpg

Adjustable, Simple, Powerful , Light weight., Dependable that means very few 0rings if any.. compact AR 15 style,
BIG shot count, Like my Uragan 500 shots are more. Under 2000 bucks. Big magazine with easy load,
2 stage adjustable trigger , second stage in ounces , Rest are a given Pic rail, cheek rest ETC , etc , etc.
One pellet barrel and one slug barrel in each caliber
Mike

Reactions: joe9090
If I could create the perfect PCP it would consist of a mechanism that turns lead into gold and shoots straight enough to catch most shots in s pellet trap. What would it look like? The uglier the better. Maybe it would look 3x worse that the boat oar bullpup that Airmaks makes. Perhaps it can be designed to look like a 1980s vacuum cleaner. If it’s ugly, I figure no one would want to steal it. Hmmmmm 🤔

• Haha
I like the idea of a K1/LCS/Sidewinder, but using stick mags that insert sideways instead of cylinders. I'm not sure if that would interfere with one's face or not. A 700cc bottle would be good, plus a wood stock and a really effective shroud.

I mentioned in another thread that I'd like to see someone try and make a bullpup with a slightly curved barrel. Just enough to lower the action of the gun an inch and a half or so below the boreline. I'm not sure if that would result in terrible accuracy or not, but my suspicion is that it would have a minimal effect. Probably too much for the benchrest crowd, but not noticeable to the rest of us.

When you talk about "perfection" it sounds like you are asking for fantasy, not something that can be readily constructed by contemporary tooling.

I'd go for some Iron-Man mark-LXXXV nanobot technology. It would be an airgun I could store in a small necklace or ring. It would listen to my mind, and when beckoned, it would transform into a compact and astoundingly light and accurate semi-automatic airgun. It should be able to filter out metal from the air and soil, to produce ammunition, and would be self-charging.

• Haha