If you could bring one gun back from the dead, which would it be and why?

I still have my FWB 124D in primo shape, recently rebuilt and tuned, but the Feinwerkbau 124 Deluxe would be my pick. Accurate, reasonably fast, and a beauty. The walnut stock would be extra nice.

IMG-0600(1).jpg

I love shooting my classic guns and no they are not safe queens. same as (If )i had a 1936 rolls royce i would drive it to lowe's / walmart i would drive it most places .
I'm not one for leaving the pretty toys in the safe either. They were meant to be enjoyed so I do. Just extra carefully

Reactions: beerthief
I hadn't hear that but it certainly is a very interesting possibility if true. I've owned several Theoben airguns over the years and I marvel at their quality. I only have one now. An SLR98 in pristine condition. .177 carbine with Hyedua stock. Knocks my socks off every time I take it out and admire it.
Bill
you don't shoot it ?

I'll let you know when I come back from the dead. I'm not in any rush.
I didn't think I could even take them with me in the first place.
That would be a good way to keep your heirs from messing up the guns you took such good care of.
Half those end up rusting in a basement or handed off to a step child that shoots nails out of it.
So if I can take them with me I might as well bring them all back.

As much as I’d like to get my hands on many of the classics I think a better idea then resurrecting an old design is introducing a brand new rifle that takes some styling queues from the past but also incorporates new engineering knowledge. The recent LGV/LGU did not do anything that was really innovative, they are/were awesome rifles that took old and popular design ideas but applied tight engineering tolerances to make a great product. Unfortunately, many folks didn’t see it as enough incentive to buy (trigger didn’t help).

What I’d like to see is something with classic lines, built using the latest CNC tech, along with:

1. Tune-ability - easy to disassemble with features that allow quick adjustments to spring tension, piston weight and transfer port flow.

2. Customizability - make the platform as modular as possible. People love to customize their guns with accessories like air strippers, moderators, hamsters, bi-pod attachments, adjustable triggers, etc. it doesn’t have to be tacti-cool to have such features.

3. It doesn’t have to be cheap. Daystate, Rolex, and others have proven that you can charge a reasonable price for Niche product if the quality and features are there. Let’s face it guys, we can’t have our cake and eat it too.

-Marty

An English-made Webley Tomahawk because it is a big beautiful springer that is finished better than most other springers,reminds me of my Akita dog,.both big and beautiful and with an
006.JPG
005.JPG
attitude. That is a ten-shoot group at 30 yards with AA Falcon 13.43,I have a AHQ tune it in to make it more like a 14-16 lbs. rifle, before that it was in the power range of the RWS-48-52 that I have.
News flash,I just got its' little brother an English Longbow!!@!:)

Reactions: Vincent10
The 88s were hand made on manual machine tools they were the forerunners of the 98s which used CNC machines for parts...Google "The classic air gun show" English guy named Olly? has a series about various Theobens,View attachment 333849View attachment 333850 highly recommend watching the 98 and 88 shows.
He had assembled all of the Airgun World Theoben articles. All catalogued. So much of the Theoben history as it unfurled. I had it bookmarked but the link went dead. I emailed the gentleman several times and never got a reply. I should contact Danny Garvin. He might know something. About it. Those articles were incredible.