If you could bring one gun back from the dead, which would it be and why?

I've recently started building up my collection of discontinued springers and I've found most of them to be pretty tip top shooters. Just curious if there are any out there that you think deserve to be revived more than the others.
LGV, Webley Tomahawk, CZ 631

There's a pretty valid reason that most of them are dead and stayed dead. And should stay dead. Look at all these older "amazing great heirloom" guns that guys HAVE to have, then let them rot in a closet till they don't even shoot anymore LOL. If they were that amazing, they'd be getting used.

But I'd like to see a couple comeback, even if they wouldn't sell well enough to stay afloat.

The HW55 at the top of the list. Built to make sure everything fit together and worked as best it could like the originals were. Just a nice shooting, well made and practical air rifle.

How about a Sheridan that wasn't built at Crosman Bean Counters Inc.? A simple redo of the classic rocker safety Blue Streak would be nice. A Supergrade even better. The classic American pumper done like it should be. I'd have to buy one.

......I'd settle for Weihrauch to just make anything with a decent looking stock again at this point honestly. That's good enough for me.

There's a pretty valid reason that most of them are dead and stayed dead. And should stay dead. Look at all these older "amazing great heirloom" guns that guys HAVE to have, then let them rot in a closet till they don't even shoot anymore LOL. If they were that amazing, they'd be getting used.

But I'd like to see a couple comeback, even if they wouldn't sell well enough to stay afloat.

The HW55 at the top of the list. Built to make sure everything fit together and worked as best it could like the originals were. Just a nice shooting, well made and practical air rifle.

How about a Sheridan that wasn't built at Crosman Bean Counters Inc.? A simple redo of the classic rocker safety Blue Streak would be nice. A Supergrade even better. The classic American pumper done like it should be. I'd have to buy one.

......I'd settle for Weihrauch to just make anything with a decent looking stock again at this point honestly. That's good enough for me.
I agree that most should stay dead but I'd really like to see Walther get back at it. The LGU and LGV are nothing short of phenomenal and if they could get a better trigger back into them, they'd be top dogs on the market. Throw in the newer Sport and Weihrauch would have some serious competition if the prices were right. Im not sure what kind of magic Weihrauch does to keep they're guns so affordably priced but if Walther can figure it out and just get closer they'd be golden.

As far as the 55 goes, absolutely. I don't think it should have ever been taken off the market in the first place.

Last edited:
Most air gunners are frugal. They say they want and don’t follow through. Weihrauch would never reintroduce the 55 because not enough would sell to make it profitable. JM at air rifle headquarters has said the same with his custom stocks . People say they want then balk at the price of a custom walnut stock. Blank alone costs $ let alone labor to machine it . Just my 2 cents.

I agree that most should stay dead but I'd really like to see Walther get back at it. The LGU and LGV are nothing short of phenomenal and if they could get a better trigger back into them, they'd be top dogs on the market. Throw in the newer Sport and Weihrauch would have some serious competition if the prices were right. Im not sure what kind of magic Weihrauch does to keep they're guns so affordably priced but if Walther can figure it out and just get closer they'd be golden.

As far as the 55 goes, absolutely. I don't think it should have ever been taken off the market in the first place.
Most air gunners are frugal. They say they want and don’t follow through. Weihrauch would never reintroduce the 55 because not enough would sell to make it profitable. JM at air rifle headquarters has said the same with his custom stocks . People say they want then balk at the price of a custom walnut stock. Blank alone costs $ let alone labor to machine it . Just my 2 cents.

Probably the main reason they stopped making HW55 is the availability of actual gunsmiths. Those rifes were all hand made. Today's market is filled with mass production rifles. COST is the driving force.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Why do you have to kill my hopes and dreams 😪

Reactions: mj102
I think there is more nuance in the reasons. If air gunners were so frugal then companies like FX and Daystate would not be able to sell their rifles at such high prices. It has to do with marketing and something called the “tipping point” or perhaps today’s equivalent known as “going viral”. If you convince enough people that your product is what they need to feel validated then they will buy it. Just look at bicycles that cost $3-7k, ski equipment that will set you back over $2k, watches that sell for $7-10k! none of these products does it’s job 10x better than cheaper alternatives, yet people will pay the premium just because they believe it and their choices are validated by their friends and “influencers”. Another perfect example are Air Jordan sneakers…

We may enjoy this sport a lot, but a large portion of it exists through marketing and us lemmings following their leaders over the cliff. No shame in enjoying it but worth being aware of what drives our decisions. Now all we need is a celeb to tell us that an FWB300 is absolutely necessary to have…

-Marty

I think there is more nuance in the reasons. If air gunners were so frugal then companies like FX and Daystate would not be able to sell their rifles at such high prices. It has to do with marketing and something called the “tipping point” or perhaps today’s equivalent known as “going viral”. If you convince enough people that your product is what they need to feel validated then they will buy it. Just look at bicycles that cost $3-7k, ski equipment that will set you back over $2k, watches that sell for $7-10k! none of these products does it’s job 10x better than cheaper alternatives, yet people will pay the premium just because they believe it and their choices are validated by their friends and “influencers”. Another perfect example are Air Jordan sneakers…

We may enjoy this sport a lot, but a large portion of it exists through marketing and us lemmings following their leaders over the cliff. No shame in enjoying it but worth being aware of what drives our decisions. Now all we need is a celeb to tell us that an FWB300 is absolutely necessary to have…

-Marty
Maybe we can get Keanu to use one in the new John Wick. It's gotta be more effective that a fr*ckin pencil