• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

If you could bring one gun back from the dead, which would it be and why?

I would really like to see a quality company start making the old BSA’s like these. Different sizes for different shooters. I think these are very cool. Borrowed picture.
DF11A44F-A577-4ABF-9040-6C9C210BED6C.jpeg

The current crop of spring guns pretty much has everything covered except 10m competition.

Since I am a fan of HW and FWB spring guns my nominee would be the FWB 300S Universal.

An alternative would be the Weihrauch HW55 Tyrolean which was at one time banned from official matches due to perceived advantages afforded by its design over other stocks. I doubt today a Tyrolean would offer any advantage over the current crop of highly adjustable 10m match gun stocks and butts but if it were still banned, then an HW55 Custom Match would be my alternative to the FWB 300S Universal.

The current crop of spring guns pretty much has everything covered except 10m competition.

Since I am a fan of HW and FWB spring guns my nominee would be the FWB 300S Universal.

An alternative would be the Weihrauch HW55 Tyrolean which was at one time banned from official matches due to perceived advantages afforded by its design over other stocks. I doubt today a Tyrolean would offer any advantage over the current crop of highly adjustable 10m match gun stocks and butts but if it were still banned, then an HW55 Custom Match would be my alternative to the FWB 300S Universal.
I wonder what the price of a FWB 300 would be today? I got mine back in the early 80's, sometimes wish I had gone ahead and gotten the Tyrolean model, and a running boar.

I wonder what the price of a FWB 300 would be today? I got mine back in the early 80's, sometimes wish I had gone ahead and gotten the Tyrolean model, and a running boar.
IIRC, around 1999 or 2000 FWB 300S's were about 2 1/2 times as expensive as a Beeman R1, something like $999 vs. $389? Today HW80's retail for $659 so retail on a FWB 300 might be in the $1,600 range?

Last edited:
My first summers in Puerto Rico (Boriquen), Crosman 160, it was the gun the big boys let this young un get a shot from. I couldn’t even hold the gun by myself. I never forgot and will remember until my dying day. The sound of the gun being pressurized at the piercing of the c02 cartridges.