• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

If you can start over knowing what you know now, what Rifle and caliber would you buy.

My following opinion is from a hunter perspective. That been said:

It is very difficult to thing about a more versatile and reliable rifle than a Uragan in .30 Cal..... You can hunt almost everything with it. The only defect I found in my Vulcan 2 Tactic .30 Cal is the number of shots per fill (24).... A Uragan gives more and a Vulcan 3 many more.

I use the must smaller caliber rifles, but when going to medium size hunting a .30 is the partner, doubtless.

Last edited:
Thanks, currently getting the lights back on the East Coast and not sure when I will get back home.
Storms like problems are always just for few time. We just need to stay calm and wait for conditions to improve.

I wish you and all other friends of the forum that are under frezzing conditions to be able to be soon warm at home with your loved ones.

FX Wildcat MKIII Sniper .22, Crown Continuum .22 and 700mm slug liner, Impact 700mm .22 and .25 liner, Daystate Huntsman Revere .22, Daystate Wolverine .22, Weihrauch HW95 .177.
I’ve had a couple other impulse buys that I sold. They were as accurate as any review or tester described but for whatever reason gravitated to what I now have.
On the wish list, probably a TX200 .177.
Otherwise I think my air arsenal is stable. We’ll see.

Reactions: drpietrzak
Spent thousands of dollars chasing the perfect car. Bought a 1999 C5 Corvette and realized I should have done so long before. Really depends on what you're doing. If you're just punching paper a .177 or .20 is perfect. If you're hunting those calibers suck and .25 and larger calibers dominate. What are you doing with your pneumatic lead slinger?
I pretty much only use springers shooting .177-.22 pellets for hunting. Never had a single issue taking game up to the size of groundhog/raccoons with any of those calibers (do prefer .22 for the bigger ones though). I had a .25 PCP for a few years but on anything smaller than fox or closer than 50yds it just felt like overkill. Over 50yds or particularly windy days are when .22 and .25 really started to shine.

Reactions: drpietrzak
C5 FRC ls1 oh yeah!! Or an Ls6. So many routes.

It's crazy how much Corvettes have gone up. I bought a Red 05 LT4 C6 convertible with 27,750 miles on it in fantastic condition 10 months ago.

For a similar 06 Z06 it would have been $40,000-ish which is 35% more than I paid for mine.

After owning mine I decided I do love these Vettes!

Somehow I feel you would prefer a Diana 350 magnum brake barrel with the air spring and piston in .22. But if you want a pcp MY preference is FX bobcat 400cc metal tube air reservoir side lever cocking with good capicity magazine, a power wheel adjustment. But My favorite is the Maverick. It arrived I've never "adjusted a thing" does all I want it to in .22 but can easily change caliber to .25 or .30. --.35 requires a few changes more.

Last edited:
If I was able to do it all over again I would choose to not have bought the Diana 350 in .177 and .22. They are excellent rifles, they shoot superbly, they have lots of power. But, man oh man, do they eat rifle scopes. I would pick the Daystate Wolverine in .303.

My .303 Wolverine 2 HP Hi-lite provides 100 ft/lbs of power, is an absolute beast, and does not eat rifle scopes for breakfast.