• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

If you can start over knowing what you know now, what Rifle and caliber would you buy.

🤦🏻‍♂️🙋🏻‍♂️ I’m kinda new to PCP but expert enough to realize how much money I’ve spent looking for the perfect rifle and caliber.

# to blaming is YouTube and me not doing my diligence as not all but some YouTubers have an agenda and quotas to meet.

Funny how I started and got on the super powerful and fancy rifles only to get back to the old 22 and 17 caliber and heavy duty indestructible rifles.

If you can start over knowing what you know now what rifle and caliber would you buy and why ?

Thank you

I would not change a thing. I did my research. chose .22 for ease of logistics and cost.
went traditional rifle style with 3000psi max fill so I could hand pump and went with a side lever vs. bolt.

Benjamin Cayden with 5 yr warranty is what I chose. accurate and reliable with decent trigger.

Doing your research and taking your time in that research pays off.

Still enjoy it.

Time & repetition have only confirmed my admiration of & attachment to my Bobcat/Boss/Royale guns. They were meant to be simplified out-of-the-box, dead nuts accurate pellet shooters & they are, time after time & without fail. That simple platform is overlooked by many who are attracted to the adjustability (& the problems) of the newer FX guns. I've GOT the accuracy I dreamed of when 1st starting out.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t change a thing either. I bought a good gun that wasn’t known for having any problems. Shot it for a year then decided to convert it to regulated. That whole process and doing it right taught me a lot. Mr. Sterne had to hold my hand a couple times. Understanding PCP’s and how they work made decisions down the road very easy when it came to purchases. My first Impact in 2015-16 timeframe was a mistake. It just wasn’t a good gun yet. But I bounced back with Taipans and Edguns. Caliber shouldn’t be a major decision. Just look at the environment you’ll be shooting in and your intentions.

Reactions: jmohme and Recarga
I don't shoot PCP often but I have a .22 Marauder and a .25 Dreamline. If I could start over I would have spent the little more and got the .25 Crown over the Dreamline for the soul reason of the larger bottle and shot count. I know I can get a bottle for the Dreamline but I like the more traditional look for my guns and just can't do it.

Reactions: davit66
I'm happy with the .22 caliber.

Since, while I am new to air guns (all disciplines), I do have a pretty good handle on the things mechanical.
I did a fair amount of reading in a couple of the different forums. Read a bunch of the "review" web sites on various guns. Watched a bunch of YouTube videos. Read the "descriptions" on various guns, went to the some of the guns, manufacturers web sites to see what each manufacturer had to say about their guns.

Did a LOT of soul searching to see...1. Do I need another expensive hobby ? 2. Do I want to get into something of which I know nothing, and will have to learn fast ? And 3. Do I need another expensive hobby (yeah see #1) ?

So...now I'm knee deep into another expensive hobby.

And yeah, still, the .22 is just fine for me. All I do is punch holes in paper, so I'm good.

Mike

I have a modified FX Impact M3 with .22 & .25 Superior barrels in 700mm and .22 and .25 BSA hammer forged 600mm barrels.
This gives me best use of Impact.

Further I have a modified RAW HM1000X in .22 with BSA hammer forged barrel and a modified RAW HM1000X .25 with original polygonal barrel and an additional. .25 BSA hammer forged barrel.

I feel that I have got the best combination of guns and barrels as per my liking.

Bhaur
20220925_183721.jpg
1594554643_18378624495f0af913457c70.84723011.jpg

Last edited: