If you are wondering what size your groups are...

I just go by MOA which is roughly .25 or 1/4 inch at 25 yards, .5 or 1/2 inch at 50 yards, etc. I can eyeball a group and know pretty well if it is MOA, +MOA or -MOA for any given range I shoot.

If you have used a tape measure enough over a lifetime, it isn't really that hard. (smile)

Thanks for the info on the diameters of coins!

Hey! There’s people I run into a lot that call out a measurement as “ it’s 10 and seven of the little lines” I then yell WHAAATT?!! Then they reply and say “okay! It’s the line before the halfway point after 10!”

yeah, I taught apprenticeship class to adults for years. We have a lesson plan on how to read a tape

I just go by MOA which is roughly .25 or 1/4 inch at 25 yards, .5 or 1/2 inch at 50 yards, etc. I can eyeball a group and know pretty well if it is MOA, +MOA or -MOA for any given range I shoot.

If you have used a tape measure enough over a lifetime, it isn't really that hard. (smile)

Thanks for the info on the diameters of coins!

Hey! There’s people I run into a lot that call out a measurement as “ it’s 10 and seven of the little lines” I then yell WHAAATT?!! Then they reply and say “okay! It’s the line before the halfway point after 10!”

yeah, I taught apprenticeship class to adults for years. We have a lesson plan on how to read a tape

LOL! Your place in Heaven is secure! (chuckle)

Airgun Advisor said -Don’t forget to subtract one pellet width to get your official group size. 

@Airgun Advisor I was about to post that same thing! I went a long time thinking the group size was the outside measurement of the group - NOT!

So if you have a 3/4" hole shooting .25 caliber pellets, the group size is .5"

The question is, can you explain why this is so? I know why, but doubt I could explain it for "the masses". (shy chuckle)

It IS a simple equation, but not so simple for some folks who were *educated* in public schools which no longer teach logic and reason. Let alone math and actual science.