• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

If you are thinking about ordering a gun from overseas check parts availability

Hello everyone . 

I would like to share my experience with owning a rifle that has no parts support in the USA . And a lesson learned...

Back in October I ordered a .25 Cal p15 from a retailer in the Netherlands ( I won't name names but I'm sure everyone here knows who it is).

The rifle I orderd was a Artemis p15 in .25 caliber . The shipping was excellent ordered Friday was at my door Monday .

Pulled it out of the box and checked all of the screws . I had been reading a lot about this rifle and some of its issue's so a quick check was in order .

Filled it up mounted a new aeon scope and a bipod and set out to zero it in at 50 yards 

Well this is where it all went downhill .it wouldn't group at all in fact I could get better groups with my super x 3 and 7 shot with an improved cylinder.

So I email the retailer with the problem and they were good enough to sende a call tag .

So back across the Atlantic it goes . Acouple days later I get an email saying there gunsmiths had looked it over and found the problem . So back it comes .

Same thing air it up scope back on sit down and start shooting and it's the same one of thing. Email them Again and was told there was nothing they could do about it !!!!!!

So now I'm fuming so I take the barrel off since they are not going to warranty it anyway and start my own inspection.

About 5 inches in from the breech it has a very tight spot that is clipping the pellets Soni try to work it out with some valve lapping compound and a swab with a cordless drill . I get the spot a little better after a couple hours of this .

Spa won't respond to any emails .

I'll stop here and just say I have a cricket that is a awesome shooting rifle .but I was looking for something cheap to pack around behind the seat of my truck .setting to shoot out to 50 yards was all I was looking for .

Moral of the story ...

If you are looking for a sub 600 dollar gun find one that a dealer in the states sells no matter how good it looks on paper with the length or weight you might end up with a 500 dollar paper weight that needs another 3 or 400 dollars put into it to get it to shoot like it should 

Sorry to hear that, but AOA, PA and others have imported the Diana Skyhawk. From what I’ve heard it’s the same gun just dressed in a different stock. Maybe reach out to them for help. I’m sure they can cook something up for you. I almost pulled the trigger on getting a P15 but when I heard the Skyhawk was the same gun I decided to wait. Hope this helps some or at least provides some encouragement. 

It isn't just overseas, a manufacturer could be right down the street from you and it they refuse to sell a part or service the equipment being local does you no good at all. 

No getting around it, airguns are complex and fickle machines. Some percentage will have or develop issues which will require parts support. The big win is having a gun from a brand that is willing to provide the parts you need. 

Sto

You are exaclex rite .

I bought my cricket from r and l. it was the first PCP purchase for me but I had read and drooled over one for 2 years before I pulled the trigger. Matt was great and still is 

After 2 years of enjoying it the valve stem broke . Called Matt and he said send it out and he would fix it . After alot of reading again and nothing against r and l I found that Charlie freer was the go to cricket guy so I called him up and sent it to him . He worked it over resealed it and tuned tt up and had it back to me fast . So there are 2 dealers in the states that are top notch in my book . They take care of the customer even though I didn't buy the gun from Charlie he was more than happy to take care of it for me . Both dealers are top notch in my book 

I think that if you Bought airguns not in your country (or even around the corner but no support), you better learn how to fix them, or find a good air gunsmith, or you will end with a nice and expensive wall decor. ;)

I have been watching for the Huben K1, but exactly your problem is what stop me for getting it ... is a system that have very little info and I do not now if I can fix it (probably I can) but the learning curve will be too time consuming.

Edosan resealing isn't a problem for me but if a part breaks with this rifle it's done . Although have had it apart and is is a pretty simple gun to work on not alot of moving parts in it like a cricket.

Orion 

I tried to get them to exchange it and kept getting the run around. Even tried several times to leave a bad reveiw on there website site but they must check reveiw before they post them because it never showed up.

When you buy SPA products, expect zero quality control, if you get a good one ,be happy, if you get garbage, return for a refund. Your dollars are what keeps them sending you garbage.

I do not believe Diana has fixed SPA (Artemis) problems. For me, I am done with them. The customer should not have to replace BAD barrels from their own wallet

Yes , I am bias, I have 3 bad barrels that gave me my opinion

I have a 22 P15 shoots around 32 foot pounds - other than a leak early on that was sorted by the dealer in a day its been a fantastic little gun.

So far put about 5000 pellets through it with no issues - at 50 m it groups about 20 mm ctc - not super acrurate but fine for hunting and it so light I
1548843989_13629506595c517bd5abd697.19515851_IMG_1617.JPG

download.png
1548843813_5209166405c517b251d7f40.48197169_IMG_1617.JPG

can walk around with it in the bush all day with out a sling.- I did find the stock a bit short for me so made a new stock for it- For he price I think its great value for money .

How soon we forget. Remember the gen 1 22 mrods? It spawned a cottage industry just to replace the barrels with lw barrels. Crosman would sell you a replacement , but it was the same barrel, so it was a crap shoot and knowing this they kept selling them.

Then came the Rouge, garbage they kept selling when they knew they were horrible guns.

I too have a skyhawk on preorder, with full intent on putting a TJ on it and a replacement regulator if needed, I love the stock and I am willing to get any problems fixed if needed.

But then I have a 1000 dollar Prod and a 1500 dollar Bulldog when you count all the personal touch’s on them, they are airguns, and like cars and women, they all have individual personalities, and with the exception of women, we fix them, customise them, it is what we do.

Roachcreek