If money aint the issue what scope you buying?

I'm super happy with my Zero Compromise Optic (ZCO) ZC420 4-20×50 and I think I've reached that pinnacle. Optical clarity is at the top. Although, it only focuses down to 25 yards, it's perfect for the airgun I have it mounted on which is set up for longer distances. I don't shoot indoors so it's no biggie. If they made the parallax focus down to 10 yards, other areas optically might suffer.

My Kahles K525i 5-25×56 is a close 2nd. I love the controls and mechanics on it and optical clarity is up there as well but ZCO still edges it out. It only focuses down to 20 meters which is not that bad.

1st place would have been a Tangent Theta 3-15×50 or 5-25×56 but they both only focus down to 50 meters. I would say for high end, March as a whole would be at the top for airguns because a majority of their scopes focus down to 10 yards. Love the FML-TR1 reticle on my March-FX 4.5-28x52. For me, it's the best reticle I've seen.

Athlon Optics is another at the top of the list for airguns. Great warranty and value for the different lines they offer. A lot of their scopes also focus down to 10 yards. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and it falls in line within a lot of airgunner's budget.

So to answer the OP's question, I would get another ZCO but the 5-27×56 or the 8-40×56. I'm also considering another March and I've been looking at the March-FX High Master Gen2 5-40x56.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ctkny and frank320
Already done. My most expensive sighting device purchase.
Trigicon ACOG, as mounted to my FX MkIII Compact.

1661037149677.png

1661235913005.jpeg

Mike

Last edited:
S&B Schmitt & Bender make very high quality scopes — and some a very short. I'd love to be able to get some for the bullpups....!
5x20x50 — 11.8" short (30cm)

Super versatile for extreme close range to extreme long range:
3-27x56

Yupp, all have 10y parallax. ✅

If money ain't an issue...! 😄

Matthias

Last edited:
I'm super happy with my Zero Compromise Optic (ZCO) ZC420 4-20×50 and I think I've reached that pinnacle. Optical clarity is at the top. Although, it only focuses down to 25 yards, it's perfect for the airgun I have it mounted on which is set up for longer distances. I don't shoot indoors so it's no biggie. If they made the parallax focus down to 10 yards, other areas optically might suffer.

My Kahles K525i 5-25×56 is a close 2nd. I love the controls and mechanics on it and optical clarity is up there as well but ZCO still edges it out. It only focuses down to 20 meters which is not that bad.

1st place would have been a Tangent Theta 3-15×50 or 5-25×56 but they both only focus down to 50 meters. I would say for high end, March as a whole would be at the top for airguns because a majority of their scopes focus down to 10 yards. Love the FML-TR1 reticle on my March-FX 4.5-28x52. For me, it's the best reticle I've seen.

Athlon Optics is another at the top of the list for airguns. Great warranty and value for the different lines they offer. A lot of their scopes also focus down to 10 yards. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and it falls in line within a lot of airgunner's budget.

So to answer the OP's question, I would get another ZCO but the 5-25×56 or the 8-40×56. I'm also considering another March and I've been looking at the March-FX 5-40x56.
If money “ain’t an issue”? Then, one of each of the scopes described by @Peskådot671…😊

I'm super happy with my Zero Compromise Optic (ZCO) ZC420 4-20×50 and I think I've reached that pinnacle…

So to answer the OP's question, I would get another ZCO but the 5-25×56 or the 8-40×56. I'm also considering another March and I've been looking at the March-FX 5-40x56.

I have the ZCO 5-27 and March 5-40, If the March had the ZCO reticle I’d be thrilled.
The ZCO 8-40 will parallax at 15(m) but it’s pretty long and heavy.

And I’m starting to think on an air rifle, these scopes really are overkill. Athlon is fine.

Reactions: Ctkny
I'm in the camp of Good...better...best.
In my youth, I could drop coin on a scope, I paid $1100 on a Leupold Mk 4 10X which in 1994 was a lot of coin, It was a great scope compared to what was available back then.

Now thanks to modern manufacturering and a level or QC and repeatability, the lower end scops are as good as what was high end back in the day.

With scopes it all about the lens and the coating. There are only so many glass makers, (Japan/Europe and China) but the secret sauce is the coatings they apply and the level of QC that they are willing to spend to insure of repeatability and tracking.

all of the higher end scopes mentioned ae certainly nice, but for me, the juice is not worth the squeeze to spend $3K on a scope when for less than $1k I can't really tell the difference or benefit for it in my shooting.

Even if I could easily do it, I would not. But that's just me.