If I would decide to replace my YH ???

First I must say I am a large volume shooter in a gun club and I use lot of air.
So far about 65 hours total running time on my YH filling regularely two LARGE 14 liter scba's (these are probably the biggest fireman tanks?) and have a third 9 liter for "case of emergency".
I have rebuilt the YH couple times pretty much 3-4 hours of elbow greasing and back in the game.
Tinkering maybe to get a larger compressor, and put the YH on reserve.
My view is (after monitoring these compressor threads for a year or so) ... no matter how much $ to spend there is no idiotproof compressor on the horizon below two grand, and that is a question mark again for longevity.
Those battery powered toys with no oil and no cooling - don't even try to tell me your story, please.
I am well aware of that 3-4 times the cost over YH doesn't really mean that is 3-4 times better or a life expectancy is guaranteed... I can take Tuxing for example.
I am in Canada, if I buy a big machine I will probably maintain DIY, not gonna happen me feeding a shipping company for cross border sending for service...
Do we have known reviews from credible sources that such and such a Brand statistics shows more reliable ???

I'll say it before everyone else - but Alkin is one of the best. Bauer, Nuvair and some other out there as well.

I have to agree with the OPs sentiments though. From what I see most everything under 2K is basically YH with more stages, more hose, tube, connections, controllers, separators, etc just bolted on. But still a questionable QC product at its true base.

I don't regret dropping the coin on a good compressor a year ago. Haven't been concerned about an air source since. Yet the YH is in the closet as backup just in case.