• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

If I suspect moisture getting into my Wildcat question...

IME, water itself doesn't do the damage, its not good for gun operation/consistency, but most guns don't have many steel/iron parts that will rust with a little water.

Problem is, that water stays in the tube, plenum, valve, etc, and after a while in the right conditions algae/mold/fungus grows, when growing some forms give of acidic/caustic waste that attacks o-rings and if left long enough it can attack alum parts and other softer parts. It takes a while in the right conditions to grow, maybe years.

So if you take apart your gun and it smells like a weasyanna bayou, time to disinfect/clean it... .

Might want to do a search here for filters/driers and proper compressor setup to avoid moisture contamination...

jmo

It can damage you air tube , how long I do not know but If you suspect it I would degas & check it .Here's what I found in a m-rod tube (bought at a garage sale)
0707201920.1607619889.jpg
0707201920a.1607619942.jpg
0707201921a.1607619988.jpg

When I first got in to this hobby, I had the mrod + handpump bundle. Had this setup for years. After several years of ownership, I took apart the air tube and found droplets of water all in the tube. I wiped out the tube with a cloth, sprayed the tube with brake cleaner, and wipe again. From what I remember, I did see some oxidation on the cloth but nothing alarming. I did noticed the air gauge block was off color in some parts but with a quick spray and re-lube with silicone, it looked good. The valve look fine and everything else. After this experience, I started looking into really good moisture filters