• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

If I could start over from scratch what I'd get.....

Selling my DayState Huntsman was a mistake. Now looking for a Huntsman Reserve in 177.

IMG_1051.1647619619.jpeg

After amassing several high end PCPs topped with very good (tier 2) scopes, compressors, tanks etc I’ve come to discover that I just get more enjoyment from shooting springers. Something so pleasurable and cathartic about the slow: range - cock - load - shoot - repeat process that I often lose track of time. If I knew this when I started I’d have saved a ton of money. Sometimes the grass isn’t greener. Uj

Reactions: Struckat
I dont regret any of my airgun expenditures, even the ones that have moved on to other owners. 

I cant think of any that I've owned or shot that I didn't enjoy. Now, some of that is the stage of life I was in, but still, they were enjoyed at that time. Couple examples.....10 or 12 years old and the Daisy 880 and Crosman 760 got worn out! Just getting done with school and needing to get loans paid off, that Benjamin Discovery got shot a bunch. Before compressors and tanks, the HW springers sure put lots of smiles on my face. I had a fling with a couple FWB 300s, still own a couple and they make me smile I'm the garage when it's cold and windy outside. First really high end FT specific/target PCP, the USFT, and it's still putting smiles on my face. First bullpup, the Shorty Vet, again still making smiles, and it has siblings now too! And on and on. 

Now, starting over from scratch knowing now what I didn't know then could save me some bucks for sure, but I wouldn't have all those memories and fun experiences throwing pellets downrange. 

Research, Research, Research! Got it right from the get go in 2017. Taipan Veteran, KalibrGun Cricket, Airguntechnology Vulcan, Edgun (any of them). Eastern European babes rock! They take a licking and keep on ticking! Consistently perform like No other! Any other brand is not worth my time and money! Period end of story. American Air Arms, Evol included!!!

Should you believe you need another brand (latest and greatest) to shoot either pellets or slugs you need an education! Plain and simple fact, you do not fully understand/comprehend the principles involved. Your being lied to/ believing the B.S./ the hype and marketing! Wake up! 

Radio

Research, Research, Research! Got it right from the get go in 2017. Taipan Veteran, KalibrGun Cricket, Airguntechnology Vulcan, Edgun (any of them). Eastern European babes rock! They take a licking and keep on ticking! Consistently perform like No other! Any other brand is not worth my time and money! Period end of story. American Air Arms, Evol included!!!

Should you believe you need another brand (latest and greatest) to shoot either pellets or slugs you need an education! Plain and simple fact, you do not fully understand/comprehend the principles involved. Your being lied to/ believing the B.S./ the hype and marketing! Wake up! 

Radio

What an annoying late night, boastful, Roseanne Barr, Ambien filled rant on how smart you where from the start.

Taking a fun thread to a level of how smart you are over everyone else, not to mention every gun you think are the best are all in the rear actions, long reach cocking, in your face, ear shattering, short range bullpups. (now all 5 year old technology since 2017)

Maybe wake up to less of your own BS instead of people hopefully joining your radioflyer wagon coolade

Radio

What an annoying late night, boastful, Roseanne Barr, Ambien filled rant on how smart you where from the start.

Taking a fun thread to a level of how smart you are over everyone else, not to mention every gun you think are the best are all in the rear actions, long reach cocking, in your face, ear shattering, short range bullpups. (now all 5 year old technology since 2017)

Maybe wake up to less of your own BS instead of people hopefully joining your radioflyer wagon coolade

Have to agree with you. Just got my first PCP. Taipan Veteran. What a machine. 

IMG_3497.1647864796.JPG

I think a lot of ppl, come full circle.

start with some cheap springer or multi pump. Shoot the snot out of it. Just lovin it.

Start researching, notice what other ppl are doing…and basically work their way up the ladder more power, long range. That constant grind takes the fun out of shooting. Always tuning, alway tweaking, always upgrading….hardly any shooting :)

They come full circle and settle of a high end, accurate dependable, small caliper, pellet shooter. 

That how the fun started…that’s where I still enjoy it.

I settled on a 22cal. RAW HM1000x shooting 18g jsb’s 

Time and money wasted on modding three Marauders, always chasing POI around paper. Almost drove me away from the sport. Then three Taipans. Love 'em. Benchrest no less! UNLIKE the Marauders, I kept my cotton-pickin' hands off of them, didn't change a thing, except to slow them down to about 810. Lesson previously learned. These guns are fine from the factory. One is MOA at 100 from the factory, the other two are always a pellet-width away from being MOA. Factory for all three was in the UKRAINE.

I noticed though...all the Taipans I see in the classifieds...they all have an extensive list of mod parts that go with the gun. But you hardly ever see a factory original in the classifieds. I am sure that some of the modified Vets are jewels, but why so many modded Vets go up for sale? Did someone try to improve on perfection and end up with less of an experience?

So to your question, If I had to do it all over again I'd have saved about two years of frustration and all that money and just bought Taipan from the start. Problem with that though is that you set the bar so high that your expectations of other air guns will set you up for disappointment going forward. 

Have to agree with you. Just got my first PCP. Taipan Veteran. What a machine. 

IMG_3497.1647864796.JPG

If your into blasting your ears and cocking the Veteran each time with such a long reach go for it

Have you owned a Taipan before? No idea what you mean by blasting your ears. Very quiet guns to shoot. Including action noise. If talking about Edgun R5M I'd understand.

A clip of how much time it takes to cock a Veteran over and over, not a optimal design in my book and why the natural design of an old school rifle is superior, having everything in front of you, not behind you.

If I was to "start over" I sure the hell wouldn't pick the Veteran as a evolution in my progression to a optimum design in ergonomics

I'm sure there are many airgun owners with rear action designs that ether made peace with it or moved on to a quicker coking system

2:16 sec showing the flaw of moving your hand off the trigger to the back of the rifle each time.....

https://youtu.be/jlDSvJtpWXY