HW/Weihrauch If i could only keep one air rifle...

A fun little video for you guys and gals. Wondering what your pick would be...?
Great video and great rifles, thanks for sharing.
I have the HW30S in .22 caliber that John in Pa tuned, it has a Airgun Headquarters indoor shooting kit installed and it is an absolute pleasure to shoot.
I wanted a springer that I could shoot as I got older, and I picked .22 because the pellets are easier to handle.

IMG_5534.jpeg

If I couldn't use powder burners it would have to be my 177 HW50. It's reliably accurate and strong enough for light pesting. I like it's size, weight and balance over all my other Weihrauchs. Pretty good plinking gun.

Since I can use powder burners my choice would be my peep sighted 177 Hw30. Most fun rifle I own PERIOD.

20220630_161627.jpg

If I couldn't use powder burners it would have to be my 177 HW50. It's reliably accurate and strong enough for light pesting. I like it's size, weight and balance over all my other Weihrauchs. Pretty good plinking gun.

Since I can use powder burners my choice would be my peep sighted 177 Hw30. Most fun rifle I own PERIOD.

View attachment 394871
Ron. I absolutely agree with you. I primarily shoot powder burners. When in the lazy plinking mood, which I usually am, the HW30-.177 with peep Is my grab and go.
188B416E-A368-4B69-9EFF-F6511C8C88A4.jpeg

I couldn't break it down to just one but I could break it down for one in each category they shine in.

Hunting would be hands down my ASP20

Indoor target would go to my Diana 75

Outdoor bench would go to my .22 97K or .22 LGV but the ASP20 rocks this roll suprisingly well too while being a hammer.

Woods gun goes to the FWB Sport. Its fairly light, shoulders very well, and the irons are fantastic.

Indoor pesting would go to the 30S but the 75 would handle this roll too if I still had to limit my guns.

And finally, I'm keeping the Theoben Evolution and HW55 just because I'm not selling them. Even in a hypothetical situation like this it hurts to think about.

If I could keep only one it would be the one I have never owned; an HW77 in .177 tuned to 12 fpe perfection by my friend and mentor, Motorhead or my friend Cameron Kerndt if he isn't busy winning world championships in far away places.

I don't hunt with air guns so weight isn't an issue and I like under levers. At 12 fpe it would have a very mild shot cycle, I could scope it and compete in field target during the warm months and put a nice, old school diopter rear sight on it and compete in 10m matches during the off season.

That OEM stock though......ugh. It would at least need an adjustable butt pad but might be replaced by something aftermarket that was more ergonomic. I'd just have to try it and see.