Brocock/BRK If I could have only one PCP.....

Just one gun? This is a really difficult question to answer as there are several I would love to try before I made a final decision.
I have never shot an evol or an Air arms xt50 or a dozen others that I like the look of but if I absolutely had to choose it would be a gun I already own🤔

I have 2 hm1000x’s both are built like a brick s**thouse, quiet, smooth, consistent, reliable and phenomenally accurate, the side cocking lever is a joy to use and the trigger is sublime BUT as good as they are my Theoben Rapids are imo better. Not because they are quieter ( although one actually is) they are not smoother, more consistent, more reliable or more accurate but because, there is a much wider range of stock options that fit the Theoben ( both factory and aftermarket) and the cocking bolt. “What, cocking bolt.” I here you say but as clonky as it is compared to the silky smooth lever of the RAW its much more deliberate in its operation and much less likely to get knocked open accidentally while out hunting, that reason alone would sway my decision.

Bb

After owning an impact and shooting my mates ghost I no which one I would have and it’s not made in Sweden.

In your previous post you said that your m3 can be made into many guns, I am not sure that’s true. Yes you can swap barrels both calibre and length, yes you can swap bottle capacity and length, yes you can swap shrouds and moderators but at the end of all that it still a metal chassis bullpup. There are other gun platforms that are far more versatile when it comes to the variety of use and styling.

For example I have had Theoben rapids for nearly 30 years, they have been.177, 20. 22 and 25 (could easily be .30 and 357) they had been a pistol with a 6”barrel, a bullpup, carbine, compact hunter, thumbhole walnut stock, laminate target stock, 60cc bottle, 120cc tube, 180cc tube, 200cc bottle, 280cc bottle, 360cc bottle, 400cc bottle, 480cc carbon bottle and 500cc bottle, they been used with or without a reg. i could swap and change to any of the configuration above and back again in 30mm . I am sure they are other guns equally adaptable, but I am not convinced the impact is one of them.
I suppose but I don’t need another style gun. If I can only have one function is first and foremost. With the m3 I can go from shooting chipmunks to killing coyotes. All I’m saying. I get the impact draws tons of hate but I really like mine. To each their own.

Reactions: bucketboy
Along time I have bought many PCP's and I keep many more of what I need.

I like Daystate's.

I like AGT's

I like my FX Panthera.

I keep three Evanix.

My Brocock Bantam Sniper is really comfortable.

But if I would have to spend money in just one PCP, of all I have shot, my choice would be the BRK Ghost .30 Cal and I would buy a kit of .25 Cal also.

I am of the idea that the Delta is better than the Ghost, but mechanical rifles have less risk than electronic ones.
I do not want to say that the Ghost is "better" than the beauty and control of the Wolverine's, or the accuracy with pellets and slugs oft the Vulcan 3 and/or Uragan 2, or the perfection of the Red a and Delta Wolf..... But the possibility of changing calibers of the Ghost doubtless is something that can make you save money without compromising accuracy and performance.

This is what I think up to now.
The ability to quickly change calibers AND retune with the Alpha or Delta platforms is what makes them better than the Ghost... that said, I still shoot my ghost carbine more.

I hear you. I kind of want a ghost to compliment my M3. Always been curious about that gun.
I love that gun...... very accurate. Getting 80 shots per fill with JSB RD 25.39 power will set at 9. Avg FPS 900. Mine likes the JTS 25gr too.... definitely worth money to get the another cal barrel. I have the 22cal now and definitely going to get the 30cal barrel later...
20240207_163850.jpg

Reactions: Airgun Al and Hapo
I love that gun...... very accurate. Getting 80 shots per fill with JSB RD 25.39 power will set at 9. Avg FPS 900. Mine likes the JTS 25gr too.... definitely worth money to get the another cal barrel. I have the 22cal now and definitely going to get the 30cal barrel later...View attachment 446991
Yeah they look sweet. Barrel kits are so expensive though. I would be torn as to what caliber as I would have to sell an impact and a Maverick to buy it.

Reactions: Firewalker
Yeah they look sweet. Barrel kits are so expensive though. I would be torn as to what caliber as I would have to sell an impact and a Maverick to buy it.
I have to agree they are expensive but the ghost is easy to adjust the power than say a FX Crown or Impact. I have a FX Crown mk2 and every time I try adjust the power on it I get a headache!!! I have done everything I can do and take 3-4 hours working on it nonstop. Right now the best I can do is everything is max out the reg is set at 160 shooting 18.1gr pellets at 855 fps and that's max no higher no matter what I set the reg at. So not sure if it the hammer spring needs to be replaced on hammer or ?????? Now to compare that to the ghost all I can say is WOW what a difference....so to me definitely worth the money and time get the barrel for the ghost....

I have to agree they are expensive but the ghost is easy to adjust the power than say a FX Crown or Impact. I have a FX Crown mk2 and every time I try adjust the power on it I get a headache!!! I have done everything I can do and take 3-4 hours working on it nonstop. Right now the best I can do is everything is max out the reg is set at 160 shooting 18.1gr pellets at 855 fps and that's max no higher no matter what I set the reg at. So not sure if it the hammer spring needs to be replaced on hammer or ?????? Now to compare that to the ghost all I can say is WOW what a difference....so to me definitely worth the money and time get the barrel for the ghost....
The day you buy a Delta Wolf you will be crying for six months because of the sorrow of having lost so many time with your Crown MKII.....

The Delta is as easy to operate as a microwave....

The cost of a barrel change and the price of the magazines and the cost of the Ghost is reason enough for me to keep my FX . Guys were saying they were 920 fps w 18s on the lowest power settings so no chps plus the ability to drop a pellet down inside the action made me think about waiting a little longer to see if anything changes. There are some deals on used ones.

The cost of a barrel change and the price of the magazines and the cost of the Ghost is reason enough for me to keep my FX . Guys were saying they were 920 fps w 18s on the lowest power settings so no chps plus the ability to drop a pellet down inside the action made me think about waiting a little longer to see if anything changes. There are some deals on used ones.
Have to buy a 60 dollar spring kit for the ghost to shoot light pellets like that. Yeah kind of stinks.

Def something wrong with that mk2. Should be too fast with 18.1 with a 100 bar reg pressure.

Reactions: Bud-sc
What barrel length are you using? My 600mm .25cal had no trouble with 25gr pellets over 900fps with the reg around 100-110.

Your right....when it came from the dealer the reg was at 145 shooting 18.1 at 890fps on mid power now its on high....
What barrel length?? Reg was way too high from dealer. 160 is as well. In stock form 160 is too much. I would back the reg way down to like 95 bar. Then back the micro not macro wheel WAY down and start retune. Sounds to me like you never had the hammer spring adjusted low enough for a low reg pressure

What barrel length?? Reg was way too high from dealer. 160 is as well. In stock form 160 is too much. I would back the reg way down to like 95 bar. Then back the micro not macro wheel WAY down and start retune. Sounds to me like you never had the hammer spring adjusted low enough for a low reg pressure
500..... yeah someone very knowledgeable about Crowns helped me told me and we started at a 100 on the reg the highest FPS I could get was 680!!! That's the gun out of stock me using the Allen wrench and FX chrony...hours of half turns shoot then another half turn shoot ect....and writing down all the information at the same time. So yeah one big headache....but with the ghost nah .....nothing like that ...
Maybe 🤔🤔 the Crown with it being a VP model might have a lighter spring hammer????? Or something with the valve???