If Everyone Were Like Tominco...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...then we could trust the ads we see in the classifieds and used items would command higher prices prices Why?

Because he's honest about the items he sells, and if everyone were like him we'd be able to buy other's goods with confidence rather than trepidation. Trust commands higher prices, trepidation leads to lower offers.

Alas, while many are honest brokers just like Tominco, some are just a**holes waiting for the next sucker to come along.

A case in point of someone behaving badly is the ad for the regulator I purchased a while back that had supposedly been bought new and "only removed from the box for testing". Once I received the somewhat expensive item though, I knew I'd been had. 

The picture posted in the ad looks ok (above), but had been carefully framed to hide the truth (below): 

In the second pic you can see that one of the two gauge faces was so bent out of shape that the unit was useless because the needle would hit the face and stop right there. The internals behind the face were also bent out of position (God only knows what kind of abuse it took to do this) and the gauge was trash. The seller at first tried to tell me that it "...looks fine and works fine". I called BS on that and sent him a closeup of the gauge (right side, next to the good unit for comparison, you can see the needle stuck where it contacts the face), pointing out that there was no chance the regulator was useable in that condition. Once you get suspicious and know where to look, you can circle back, expand the original ad photo and juuust barely make out the bent gauge face. 

His offer was to send me 10 whole bucks (!) for my trouble of needing to disassemble and repair the falsely represented unit, on the premise that I could get a new gauge off of eBay for that price. I looked on eBay though and there were no gauges identical to the one that needed replacing. Not at any price.

The $10 so-called offer to make good on the sale would only buy the cheapest POS gauges available, made God-knows-where, so I took a pass on those. He wouldn't spring even a measly extra $5 for something marginally better than the very cheapest units available though, so I told him that he could keep his $10, because that offer in light of my own time and trouble to repair his misrepresented junk merchandise was an insult.

Never mind the fact that I would have to replace BOTH of the gauges to keep a matched set on the regulator.

A tip of the hat then to Tominco and others like him. What a shame it is that some of our other AirGun "brothers" don't have that same level of integrity when dealing with their fellow hobbyists.

I read over your topic a little too fast and, for a few seconds, I thought you were saying I sold that to you! ROFL. 
Thanks for the shoutout and the very kind words. 
I got lucky and was one of the last people to receive something from Anthony Jarvis - a well known scammer - before he scammed again. 
PP = [email protected] <-- If you ever see this, run, alert everyone, and see if the cops want to catch someone in the act.
Tom

"JimNM"Did you pay with PayPal? Then file the claim ASAP for SNAD... significantly not as described. Get your money back or get a refund from that joker. Don't let him take your money.

***PayPal does not cover the friends and family transactions. Cheat PP of their small fee at your own risk.
I did pay with PP, and refused seller's request to go the "friends" route. However, the personal cost and hassle of that fight outweighed the cost of repairing the unit. 

"Tominco"I read over your topic a little too fast and, for a few seconds, I thought you were saying I sold that to you! ROFL. 
Thanks for the shoutout and the very kind words. 
I got lucky and was one of the last people to receive something from Anthony Jarvis - a well known scammer - before he scammed again. 
PP = [email protected] <-- If you ever see this, run, alert everyone, and see if the cops want to catch someone in the act.
Tom
Lol. Yeah, sorry for any confusion there!

I asked you a while back about the expected groups of a gun you were selling, and you said straight up that they were "not great". That frankness and honesty made a strong and positive impression. Well done sir.

I highly recommend asking for the sellers phone number and having a heart to heart conversation with them. I do it for all my big dollar sales. However i can see it not being necessary for gauges, fill assemblies, and others. If your buying a gun, id get pictures of groups and call the person to get 100% guarantee on what a gun will produce out of the box. 

Hey and if you did goods and services the fight might be worth it. Its literally just a few sentences typed per reply and the chances of the favor tipping toward you are 80-90%. Paypal and ebay also use similar policies where the buyer has waaay more power than the seller. 

I'm the seller and this guy is a lieing joke, I knew this day would come so I keep our hole transaction, this story teller did buy a reg from me that was new out of the box, he messeged me to tell me it worked great but the gage was dorked up, I offered to bye one at my cost for him, he agreed, said he would text me in a bit to work it out, and he never did, he bought one and then demanded I pay for it I told him that I can get them at a better price and would give him the cost, nope he then made it personal calling me names verbal insults one after another, mouse fart you have got some nerve, if anyone wants to see the way this man deals let me know full disclosure here ive got everyone of the texts we sent back in forth. Oya and he never once asked for a refund

O and as for the hole paypal gift, I went 100 under my asking price eat the fees and shipping, sent it priority mail to him. And in my add I said you pay fees or send gift
O and if you would like to see my feedback I have pages of positive on the yellow under Dan.C Dan Carpenter,
I tryed to make it right but this man was just not having it, I asked for his paypal address about 3 or 4 times only for him to tell me to f..k off

Status
Not open for further replies.