• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

If Edgun and STO had a baby...

So I had this tiny STO Pugio that I wanted to use on my modded PP750 to keep everything nice and short. Problem was, it had the high flow .30 cal core that was not really optimal for this gun so this setup was a bit louder than I liked. I wanted to buy a properly sized core for it, but STO was out of .22 cal cores. So I figured, I'd just print my own core. I took my Tesla valve design that worked so well as a blast baffle in Edgun Behemoth, scaled it down a little, and managed to squeeze 3 of these things into a .22 cal monocore for the Pugio. It worked well and quieted things down nicely. Only thing is, I did not like the high frequency tone of the report. So I thought, what if I took the Behemoth internals, that Kevlar spool with the perforated metal tube that I had lying around as a leftover from my Behemoth upgrades, and put it into the Pugio, maybe that would help absorb those high frequencies? My next design had 2 Tesla baffles and the Kevlar spool, as well as a .22 caliber insert for the front cap and a skeletonized tube to contain the spool and support the monocore (same as how STO does it with their foam insert). It worked amazingly well. The report is now a deeper thud rather than a sharp crack, similar to how the Behemoth sounds, and it registers like ~3dB lower on my sound meter than the original Pugio with the .30 cal core.

Now, I have no idea how the performance of this hybrid mutant baby compares to the proper .22 cal STO core, but hey, it does what I need it to do: keeps things backyard friendly in a really short package.

Just wanted to share this fun little experiment.

Pugio_mutant_back.jpg

Pugio_mutant_internals.jpg

Pugio_mutant_front.jpg

pp750_1.jpg

PP750_2.jpg

PP750_pugio.jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 6.26.20 PM.png

Last edited: