• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

If all else fails, READ THE RULES!

As a long-time FT match director, I give that advice a lot. But being allergic to puzzles, and also now a septuagenarian, I probably don't practice that sermon as consistently as I preach it. šŸ¤Ø That so, the lesson was just reinforced; much to my dismay.:confused:

This morning an FT buddy who will go unnamed (starts with a D and a W) texted a photo of his lovely new, laminated-wood stocked Hunter Class rig, complete with matching knee-riser. Not having (re-)read the AAFTA rules in the last few decades, I poked fun at said knee-riser insinuating he'll be shooting Open Class; the insinuation being a self-preservation tactic in case I was mistaken in thinking knee-risers are exclusively an Open Class thing.

Wasting no opportunity to correct the Rules Nazi match director, said FT buddy made the most of the opportunity to poke fun back at me... of course with interest! šŸ˜‚ In such situations any self-'respecting'(?) FT shooter will automatically default to the adage, "The best defense is a good offense". But lacking a GOOD offense, One must rely on any defense close at hand.

Hence, in typical Me fashion I fabricated as obnoxious an offense as possible for a lazy man to cobble together in quick response/retaliation. "I have a nice knee-riser/stabilizer that I bought years ago in an antique store. It was mis-labeled 'Model A jack'.

A knee riser.jpg

Not sure he appreciated the humor. šŸ¤¬

Ron, your first, very close, cousin Og, reminds you all the time to keep current.

A Comparison Of The Denisovans Molars And Homosapā€¦.png

Itā€™s called a hamster and they can be 6ā€ below the center of the bore and DO comply with Hunter FT rules. Of course, you canā€™t adjust it during the match.

See the resemblance yā€™all:

IMG_9664.jpeg Un-freaking-canny, huh?

My new Hunter FT rig that even Og knows complies with current AAFTA rules:

IMG_2515.jpeg

I look forward to seeing you and Og this weekend for your EFT extravaganza! Og said heā€™s building a huge bonfire šŸ”„ out by your tank. Heā€™s a fire expert for sure. I donā€™t know how he can stay so close to the fire for such long periods. That picture above was from that last get together when he drank those three fifths of Fireball and slept by the fire for 18 hours straight! Dudeā€™s got the hide of a rhino šŸ¦ He spent the remaining part of that next day spearing the KZs of the 100 yard targets and picking away singed hair. At least Carlos helped him. They have a special bond those two šŸ‘Øā€ā¤ļøā€šŸ‘Ø

Let's GOā€¼ļø

Last edited:
Ron, your first, very close, cousin Og, reminds you all the time to keep current.

View attachment 439615
Itā€™s called a hamster and they can be 6ā€ below the center of the bore and DO comply with Hunter FT rules. Of course, you canā€™t adjust it during the match.

See the resemblance yā€™all:

View attachment 439618 Un-freaking-canny, huh?

My new Hunter FT rig that even Og knows complies with current AAFTA rules:

View attachment 439619

I look forward to seeing you and Og this weekend for your EFT extravaganza! Og said heā€™s building a huge bonfire šŸ”„ out by your tank. Heā€™s a fire expert for sure. I donā€™t know how he can stay so close to the fire for such long periods. That picture above was from that last get together when he drank those three fifths of Fireball and slept by the fire for 18 hours straight! Dudeā€™s got the hide of a rhino šŸ¦ He spent the remaining part of that next day spearing the KZs of the 100 yard targets and picking away singed hair. At least Carlos helped him. They have a special bond those two šŸ‘Øā€ā¤ļøā€šŸ‘Ø

Let's GOā€¼ļø
I've never seen a springer with such a big cocking arm.