• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Identifying a small plastic piece I found in my Dreamline barrel

Was shooting my Dreamline after remounting the scope when the accuracy suddenly tanked. I took it back inside and took off the moderator to inspect it. Sitting where the moderator threads into the barrel was a small black piece, maybe 6mm at its' longest point. I took apart each magazine and nothing looked broken. I also took apart the speed loader I just bought, but it looks fine, too. There's a groove on one side where it looks like an o-ring could be.

Ideas?

IMG_2817.jpg
IMG_2821.jpg

Assuming plastic?

I would disassemble the entire rifle and try and locate the issue.

What silencer do you have on the end?

Its' weight, feel and how it broke point to plastic. I'm just trying to find out what parts within the Dreamline are plastic. So far I've got the magazines and shroud spacers, although I haven't checked the latter. The moderator is a DonnyFL FX.

Well, I took the shroud off and was greeted by bits of rubber and plastic. Seems the shroud spacer slipped off and was shattered by a pellet. Just to make sure the spacer wasn't stuck in the shroud, I ran a bore camera through it and the only thing left is a bit of rubber or plastic. Need to figure out how to get that out, find myself another spacer, and I should be good to go.

Well, I took the shroud off and was greeted by bits of rubber and plastic. Seems the shroud spacer slipped off and was shattered by a pellet. Just to make sure the spacer wasn't stuck in the shroud, I ran a bore camera through it and the only thing left is a bit of rubber or plastic. Need to figure out how to get that out, find myself another spacer, and I should be good to go.

Clipping issues?

Yeah those shroud spacers need to be secured in place with duct tap around the liner on both sides. They will slide toward the reciever with each shot or end up at the muzzle end when you slide the shroud off and on.

Reeeaaally? That's news to me, but it would explain what happened. I had removed the barrel to clean it and install a carbon fiber stiffener. Everything went together smoothly as I made sure the spacers were nice and square. The duct tape is something I'll have to consider. Any idea if something like Vibra-tite would work? Something a bit more permanent than tape.

Skip the permanent option in case one breaks. It will be easier to fix if you don't have pieces of the spacer glued to the liner. They are just thin delrin.

I guess "permanent" isn't the best word. Was hoping I could put a drop or two of something weak on the spacer and stick it to the carbon fiber stiffener. Not sure if there's something that would agree with both plastic and carbon fiber, though.

I found the CF sleeve was a good option to help keep those spacers in place. Just a little gaffer's tape wrapped around the last 1/4" of the barrel to keep it from slipping forward when you take off the shroud. You could conceivably get away with just the front spacer, but I have one on each end of the CF sleeve. I did not bond the CF sleeve. It is tight but removable.

I found the CF sleeve was a good option to help keep those spacers in place. Just a little gaffer's tape wrapped around the last 1/4" of the barrel to keep it from slipping forward when you take off the shroud. You could conceivably get away with just the front spacer, but I have one on each end of the CF sleeve. I did not bond the CF sleeve. It is tight but removable.

This is what I ended up doing, although I'm using a tight fitting o-ring instead of tape because I'm jealous of how many o-rings other FX guns have. We'll see how it works out.

Reactions: rcarlisle
My bet is that it's the part No.: 12 on parts diagram shown below.

View attachment 441455

Yeah, that's the only thing I can think of, too. Because, really, how many plastic pieces does a Dreamline have inside it, let alone ones that can make their way into the barrel? Very few, AFAIK. BTW, that parts sheet is for a 300mm barrel. Any idea if longer barrels have more spacers/bushings?

Yeah, that's the only thing I can think of, too. Because, really, how many plastic pieces does a Dreamline have inside it, let alone ones that can make their way into the barrel? Very few, AFAIK. BTW, that parts sheet is for a 300mm barrel. Any idea if longer barrels have more spacers/bushings?

For 700mm, .30cal it says 3 of those bushings.

Check from actual parts list here:

FX Dreamline Superlight barrel parts diagram and list