• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ideas for next rifle, FX line.

Don't buy FX, you'll get bored. Consistent ragged hole groups at 30 yards will just ruin your day. You won't have any motivation to shoot anymore. Too easy.

In all reality, anything you listed will work. They are all extremely accurate. The Dreamline has the ability to upgrade, change, or just make it look like a new gun, while the Crown, is, well, the Crown.

I too make the same mistake, buy cheap, convinced that by my own ingenuity I can make a cheap POC (Piece of Crap) shoot like an Impact. Bought an Impact about 3 years ago, never looked back. Bought second Impact about a month ago, in .22. I've upgraded my first Impact (Gen 1) with the Smooth Twist X barrel and a Power Plenum. So nice to be able to upgrade.

Which ever you pick, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The parts to change styles on the dreamline arent really available yet. I dont know if they will ever be. I'd like th change from dreampup to dream tac but it's just not available. Caliber changes are usually on back order too.

Just a heads up that the Dreamline change kits are on the market, we've just seen that many of the dealers have been slow to put up listings for them or order them from us. Just give your favorite dealer a call and get them to put an order in for one and we'll get you taken care of.

The Crown costs 1550 euros here, the Dreamline Classic 990 euros and the Maveric VP 1090 euros. The Crowns price is a bit hard for me to justify. That's why the Dreamline is tempting. That is also why Maveric VP is an option as it has impressive features and the price point is justifieable. So speckwise the order might be Maverick VP, Crown, Dreamline. Esthetically the order would be Crown, Dreamline, Maverick VP, Ergonomically I suppose Dreamline and Crown would be tied, and Maveric VP last (at least due to the safety location). Then economically the order would be Dreamline, Maverick VP and Crown. So everyone is a winner from one angle, and a loser from another ;-)

Crown is awesome with amazing power BUT costly and not nearly as modular and configurable. To be honest Dreamline has more than enough power to handle just about everything with added bonus of amazing tunability. I have an Impact with 2 .22 barrels and .25 barrels and I hardly ever shoot it because it's just too much power. Outside of slinging heavy slugs at 1000FPS the dreamline is more than most people would ever need in every possible way. I had no issue tune my old dreamline with 500mm .22 barrel to shoot NSA 23 grain slugs right at 900FPS like a laser without straining the gun too much(heavy hammer), that's some serious power already. 

Like you said you don't have a wrong choice here which is awesome! Also dreamline barrel kits aren't terribly expensive either. 

https://utahairguns.com/fx-dreamline-stx-barrel-kit/

Thanks everyone for all the information even if I knew or thought I knew most of it. My problem hasn't been as much which one to buy out of a couple of choices I would be happy with it is finding one in stock. So far every site I have gone to is out of almost every model. None have had what I wanted and from the looks of the wait times I will probably lose interest before one is available.

Thanks everyone for all the information even if I knew or thought I knew most of it. My problem hasn't been as much which one to buy out of a couple of choices I would be happy with it is finding one in stock. So far every site I have gone to is out of almost every model. None have had what I wanted and from the looks of the wait times I will probably lose interest before one is available.

I'm in the same boat as you but I try and look at it as gives me time to save for better accessories

If I do end up choosing the Dreamline, will it be able to shoot slugs out of the box or would I need a different barrel ? All this in 22 cal.

The superior barrels can shoot lighter slugs quite well. Just don’t worry about trying to shoot it 1000 FPS, the .22 superior liner can shoot the 23 grain NSA very accurately @ 800FPS even. My old .22 superior liner tune for nsa .217 23 grain slugs were lowly 840FPS and have no problem reach out well pass 100 yards even with a little wind. 

Update:

After a lengthy decision making process, I decided I want a 22 cal FX Dreamline Classic with a GRS stock. So I marched to our local dealer to get one.

Now the problem is availability ;-) It seams I need to wait for this piece of art for a while. The dealer was also keen on seeing a GRS stock Dreamline, so they ordered one from FX without any commitments from my side.

They would have had a .25 caliber Classic with Laminate stock on stock. But I decided to pass that one for the time being as I really wanted to have the 22 cal GRS version. But we agreed that if it seems that it takes ages to get it then we can revisit the topic.