• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I’d never have believed it my self…

I’ve heard stories of this happening, but always just dismissed them as urban legends.
Tonight I saw it happen with my own two eyes!

I was out culling rabbits and came across a group of 3 of them.
I always choose the closest one to start with because if the others bolt at the first shot, at least you got the easiest one.

So I lined it up and gave it a lead sleeping pill, upon which it fell over and was sleeping before it hit the grass.
I then looked to the right and further back for the other two, which hadn’t bolted at the first shot.
I found them in my scope, reloaded and started lining up the next one, when it suddenly took off, running towards me!
I’ve been charged by a few things in my life, so I kept my cool, didn’t panic and tracked it through my scope, and waited for the last possible moment before I took my shot… 😂😂😂

Anyway, I followed it through my scope as it came across the paddock all the way to where it stopped, right next the first rabbit I’d just shot.

I thought “Shame, it’s come over to check on its friend, how sweet!”
It was nuzzeling the dead rabbit, pushing it with its head, like it was trying to say “come on, wake up!”

And then it did it…
It mounted its just deceased, still warm dead bunny friend and started sha**ing it’s brains out!!!

I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t seen it my self.

I wasn’t sure if I should keep watching the show or finish the job 🤔
Seeing as I already had a pellet loaded, I gave him a few moments to finish his business, and then I slowly squeezed off the shot.
What a way to go!
😂😂😂

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: MAUMAU
I have had it happen with pigeons a couple times. See a male displaying for a female, dump the female first because the male is in a state of absolute stupidity and a lot of times they don‘t spook, then get shot. But a couple times another male took notice of his rival‘s new condition and the female just laying there and …….
Then he gets the same treatment