Airforce I’d greatly appreciate your feedback on this fun comp idea.

Hello Airgun Nation members and AG community!

I come with a serious new idea. In fact I’m going to film it just for your entertainment.
I’m 50. I enjoy shooting my .22 Condor at 100-300 yards. Here’s the kicker.
I’m going to propose a new blend lol.
I’m going to attempt to shoot the smallest group I can at a given distance on a factory tank, no regulation and by get this, hand pumping which will raise my heart rate. This will all be timed also. Say 5 shots at 200 which means I would have to send a 32 grain.2175 Griffin at 940 minimum on target sub 1/2” at 100 and sub 1 at 200.

Now, I can tell you that I get 3/8” at 100 when taking my time and tethered. It can do it. I was also pushing 1040.

That’s my idea that sounds fun, funny, challenging and interesting to a competitive group. Your tuning skills are also put to the test!

I would like to know what distance you want to see, # shots, time limit. Unlimited tethered hand pumping allowed. No SCBA LOL.
For me, time is the killer in this, especially getting up/down to shoot prone or pump up for next shot with hurting knees.

Reactions: Sqwirl57
@JamesD. I think that beyond 100 yards, 3-shot groups are appropriate, 5 shot groups would be a bit of a challenge. If you’re placing constraints on time and shooting forced positions then that should be challenging enough with an elevated heart rate and winds. Will this small target be a paper or metal target? I think a reactive target would be great. We would know that your group sized was below 1” if you hit a 1” spinner 3x out of 3 shots. If you want to keep track of your groups then I think paper targets would be better. I like the idea of no tehtering and no regulator. This forces you to know your drops from your DOPE. Will you be using a ballistics app to assist you? Do you tend to use holdovers or you a turret dialer?

Reactions: JamesD.
How about we try 3 shots, under 1 minute, at 100 on paper. Time & groups matter.
I’m wondering if there would be any <20 second sub 1” filmed? I wouldn’t need to pump.
I don’t have any steel targets myself but I could get some 1” ones.
IDK, just something to film when I go to the pits to shoot slugs
@JamesD. 3 shots in under a minute while single loading by hand? Yea, that's challenging enough. I say go for it. Be sure to get some good angles for slow motion on the replay if you can. Groups printed on paper makes it easier for us viewers to se what you're doing.

Reactions: JamesD.