Crosman Icon mod

Hello purchased 2 Icons a little while ago like alot of us and have been toying with a mod. I ordered the parts hoping they would fit and they did. I installed side levers on my .177 & .22 rifles. Everything was a bolt on and easy. The only thing you need to do is remove the lug that moves the hammer and turn it down slightly. Even the mags are exact fit.

ICON.jpg

ICON2.jpg

ICON3.jpg

ICON4.jpg

ICON5.jpg

Sorry I should have mentioned that part. I ordered complete .177 and .22 breeches from BARRA air guns. They only have them as take offs from warranty rifles. I ordered 2 complete breeches with side levers and they were $45.00 each. I also ordered the 1100Z magazine at $12.00 because free shipping when you spend $100.00. It makes it a totally different rifle. They have the .22 barrel in 22 inch which is 1 inch longer than the Icon barrel at $25.00. The .177 barrel is out of stock. Hope this helps and if you need any addt`l info please ask.

Sorry I should have mentioned that part. I ordered complete .177 and .22 breeches from BARRA air guns. They only have them as take offs from warranty rifles. I ordered 2 complete breeches with side levers and they were $45.00 each. I also ordered the 1100Z magazine at $12.00 because free shipping when you spend $100.00. It makes it a totally different rifle. They have the .22 barrel in 22 inch which is 1 inch longer than the Icon barrel at $25.00. The .177 barrel is out of stock. Hope this helps and if you need any addt`l info please ask.
How did you order the breeches?
Are they for sale online, any links?

I went on line to the contact us and requested the warranty used breeches. That is the only way to get them. Ask for complete breech with side lever. It even came with hold down screws. It is an exact fit and does not require degas rifle. The only real issue was the cocking lug(bolt) on the hammer of the ICON needed to be sand down to fit slot in 1100Z breech. Very easy with a drill and file. Hope this helps .

Reactions: nobody1 and SteveV
I went on line to the contact us and requested the warranty used breeches. That is the only way to get them. Ask for complete breech with side lever. It even came with hold down screws. It is an exact fit and does not require degas rifle. The only real issue was the cocking lug(bolt) on the hammer of the ICON needed to be sand down to fit slot in 1100Z breech. Very easy with a drill and file. Hope this helps .
Can you post a photo of the part you had to turn down (reduce diameter?) ?
Is it the bolt or the bolt handle?

Once you remove the breech from the ICON on top of the hammer in the tube on the ICON you will see the lug bolt that the bolt pushes to move the hammer. The slot in the 1100Z breech is narrower than the ICON breech so you need to remove the lug bolt place in a drill (poor mans lathe) and hold a file against it to reduce the circumference so it fits the 1100Z breech. Not hard to do look at the images of the bolt and you will see. If you need more info let me know.

lug bolt.jpg

lug bolt2.jpg

Reactions: nobody1
Did you message them for the non warranty return parts ? When they responded to me they asked if I was aware they were no warranty off returned rifles and I said yes. They then will check the returned rifles and send me an invoice to pay. I am thinking of doing a .25 caliber ICON if I can find all the needed parts.
I bet the beeman 1359 barrel would drop right in. The bolt may be an issue, and you could possibly sleeve it up to 25.