• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I would stock up now while Pellets are available.

Not to get political but I thought the US dollar was getting more expensive with respect to nearly all other currencies?
It’s ok it’s not political. How the dollar stacks up against other currencies isn’t the issue here. Let’s say Joe Blow retired in 1998. Joe only saved a 100k for his retirement and gets a small fixed income that is barely enough for living expenses. That 100k buys much less now than it did in 1998. Fast forward another 15 years and it will be drastically less. When they said death and taxes are the only thing that’s guaranteed, they forgot to mention inflation lol.

“The U.S. dollar has lost 45% its value since 1998
A dollar today only buys 55.036% of what it could buy back then. The inflation rate in 1998 was 1.56%. The current inflation rate compared to last year is now 8.26%. If this number holds, $100 today will be equivalent in buying power to $108.26 next year.”

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
Crosman hollow points or domes?

Alpha or LW barrel? Barrel length?
I have the alpha 350mm. I'm shooting the crosman hollow point, just bought 5 more tins this morning @6.42 a tin. My L2 is tuned down to shoot them around 715fps for backyard pest control. They still pass thru a squirrel at 30-40 yards. At this tune, they group better than JSB 18's

I have the alpha 350mm. I'm shooting the crosman hollow point, just bought 5 more tins this morning @6.42 a tin. My L2 is tuned down to shoot them around 715fps for backyard pest control. They still pass thru a squirrel at 30-40 yards. At this tune, they group better than JSB 18's

Thank you. I already peeked into your profile and saw you were using the Alpha 350mm barrel but did not see you mention the hollow points. I happen to have some so I'll try them when this wind dies down.

By the way, I saw an ad where you were selling the L2 with both the REPR and original regulator. Do you still have the original regulator and plenum?

I have been thinking about putting together a shorter stock so my tiny wife and younger son can shoot the L2 more comfortably. The original regulator and smaller plenum are the only way to accomplish that as far as I can tell.

It’s ok it’s not political. How the dollar stacks up against other currencies isn’t the issue here. Let’s say Joe Blow retired in 1998. Joe only saved a 100k for his retirement and gets a small fixed income that is barely enough for living expenses. That 100k buys much less now than it did in 1998. Fast forward another 15 years and it will be drastically less. When they said death and taxes are the only thing that’s guaranteed, they forgot to mention inflation lol.

“The U.S. dollar has lost 45% its value since 1998
A dollar today only buys 55.036% of what it could buy back then. The inflation rate in 1998 was 1.56%. The current inflation rate compared to last year is now 8.26%. If this number holds, $100 today will be equivalent in buying power to $108.26 next year.”

There's the Twain quote: Every time history repeats itself, the price goes up.

I visited his grave in Elmira NY. Very sad little place.

Thank you. I already peeked into your profile and saw you were using the Alpha 350mm barrel but did not see you mention the hollow points. I happen to have some so I'll try them when this wind dies down.

By the way, I saw an ad where you were selling the L2 with both the REPR and original regulator. Do you still have the original regulator and plenum?

I have been thinking about putting together a shorter stock so my tiny wife and younger son can shoot the L2 more comfortably. The original regulator and smaller plenum are the only way to accomplish that as far as I can tell.
I was trying to sell, and buy something else, but put that on hold. The origional regulator makes it about an inch shorter,

I really find stupid, living in a drama.. we all know how the world is doing. We are all worried, But when we login. all I imagine we wanted to see is new gun n old gun treads, twist rate, bullets , slugs .. this is like a few minutes scape to read about something we like.. not about what is happening .. anywhere else ..
Lol… he pissed you off so bad you are quoting yourself. I’m sorry you read something on here that was so bad. I guess to be back on topic I just bought 9,000 18.1’s. Should be good for awhile.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
Lol… he pissed you off so bad you are quoting yourself. I’m sorry you read something on here that was so bad. I guess to be back on topic I just bought 9,000 18.1’s. Should be good for awhile.
Sorry..🤣🤣🤣..back to the topic..I brought like 6000 rounds in .30 .. 7000 .in .25... 8000 in .22 .9000 In 177 .. n another 1000 pounds of lead..

Recently purchased about 10,000 pellets of various brands. Also probably still have more than 10,000 CPUM pellets... maybe more than that...

So, as I don't shoot just to shoot (see signature below), I should be good for quite a while. If not, I have already adjusted my budget to be able to include enough pellets to keep up with my backyard pesting... if I don't have to test for zero too often or have to sight in too many new scopes... (not likely). (smile)

Last edited:
I have well over 20,000 crosman pellets in my garage somewhere, NSA feeds my long range addiction. unfortunately my FT habit does require FX pellets so I'll have to look into getting more.

Thankfully the rest of the world has to burn down before any war could come even close to US.
merica-patriotic.gif

Last edited:
If the Ukraine war expands into Western Europe that would be start of world war 3. China would probably make their move on Tawain because we (USA) would be distracted with fulfilling our NATO obligations and North Korea would probably make its move also along with Iran. Pellets wouldn’t matter. If things stay as they are European pellet prices are going to continue to increase. They have major energy concerns in Europe going into this winter and have probably increased production of nato ammunition which will increase the cost of lead also.
What he said

Been a 2 year + fiasco now, most shooters are already used to it and buy every chance they get. Smart ones aren't taking a chance it will happen again and quietly took care of matters.
Only issue left is the slowly rising cost, you're not going to stop that and likely won't see it go down either. Retailers know you're willing to pay.

Reactions: luckybuckeye
How many of you guys are going to have to will away all these pellets? You all are like " I've got 100K pellets, I'm good for awhile!"... and then most of these same guys are retired and older. No offense, but do you actually have enough time to shoot all that lead?

As for the gent who commented above that war won't reach the USA... it won't come from the outside, its already brewing from within.

How many of you guys are going to have to will away all these pellets? You all are like " I've got 100K pellets, I'm good for awhile!"... and then most of these same guys are retired and older. No offense, but do you actually have enough time to shoot all that lead?

As for the gent who commented above that war won't reach the USA... it won't come from the outside, its already brewing from within.
What he said!!!!!!!!!!