• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

I would stock up now while Pellets are available.

I saw that all the pellets on my wish list at PA were all in stock. They cost almost twice what I used to pay, but at least they are available and in stock. I would grab what you can afford now while they still are. If the war expands, we might see metals like lead unavailable, or a lot more expensive. This is not a prediction on the future, more like an observation from the past.

If the Ukraine war expands into Western Europe that would be start of world war 3. China would probably make their move on Tawain because we (USA) would be distracted with fulfilling our NATO obligations and North Korea would probably make its move also along with Iran. Pellets wouldn’t matter. If things stay as they are European pellet prices are going to continue to increase. They have major energy concerns in Europe going into this winter and have probably increased production of nato ammunition which will increase the cost of lead also.

If the Ukraine war expands into Western Europe that would be start of world war 3. China would probably make their move on Tawain because we (USA) would be distracted with fulfilling our NATO obligations and North Korea would probably make its move also along with Iran. Pellets wouldn’t matter. If things stay as they are European pellet prices are going to continue to increase. They have major energy concerns in Europe going into this winter and have probably increased production of nato ammunition which will increase the cost of lead also.
I learned to not give a dam about news or whatever is happening in the world.. there is nothing I could do there is nothing a member in AGN could do about what is happening .. that is why we don't talk about any of that here..if I want to know..I put the news.. what is going to happen, it will wherever I like it or not .. I'm not afraid to war .. so if it comes to that ..hold my 🍺.

I learned to not give a dam about news or whatever is happening in the world.. there is nothing I could do there is nothing a member in AGN could do about what is happening .. that is why we don't talk about any of that here..if I want to know..I put the news.. what is going to happen, it will wherever I like it or not .. I'm not afraid to war .. so if it comes to that ..hold my 🍺.
I really find stupid, living in a drama.. we all know how the world is doing. We are all worried, But when we login. all I imagine we wanted to see is new gun n old gun treads, twist rate, bullets , slugs .. this is like a few minutes scape to read about something we like.. not about what is happening .. anywhere else ..

I have several friends who are doom enthusiasts. They are not happy unless there is something negative to obsess over.
I used to be a news junkie and finally figured out that outrage, crisis and gloom makes for good click bait and views. If things are bad they paint them worse. If nothing is bad they speculate the next big thing. I don’t do much news anymore.
I started my business in 2010. I was told it was a terrible time to do so. Whatever. Adapt, overcome and prosper. How long have we all been told buy precious metals because they are poised to skyrocket? Waiting Still waiting. The Dollar is going to collapse and lose it’s status as the world currency? Waiting. Still waiting.
And on and on it goes. The world moves on and life continues. If pellets disappear there more issues that are far more important to concern yourself with. I smile at our good fortune when our big worry is if we can continue a hobby. Reality at times seems a long reach.

Hoarding is a new hobby. Plenty of recruiters trying to recruit new members because if everybody does it then they aren’t the only one running around screaming the sky is falling. If you’re going to hoard or stock up on something because of what’s going on in the world or a war, how the hell do pellets even make that list?

Hoarding is a new hobby. Plenty of recruiters trying to recruit new members because if everybody does it then they aren’t the only one running around screaming the sky is falling. If you’re going to hoard or stock up on something because of what’s going on in the world or a war, how the hell do pellets even make that list?
LMAO

Reactions: silvershooter589
I really find stupid, living in a drama.. we all know how the world is doing. We are all worried, But when we login. all I imagine we wanted to see is new gun n old gun treads, twist rate, bullets , slugs .. this is like a few minutes scape to read about something we like.. not about what is happening .. anywhere else ..

An ostrich with it's head in the sand?

If I get nostalgic I just turn on the FM radio.

If anything, it's likely prices won't be going down any time soon.

Last edited:
Prices will only go up...price of fuel, shipping, raw material, labor wages increasing. The companies still need to pay all of these things, and that means the added prices get passed to us.

There are a few places you may be able to find lower prices on ammo...for now. I suspect in a shot while those prices will be increasing.

If I was retired and on a fixed income with less than 100k in the bank I would be stock piling pellets now before the value of a dollar drops further. One thing is certain: year after year inflation keeps devaluing the dollar. Now this isn’t a problem if you’re still working because wages are increasing too. But if my income is fixed and my savings not that large, I would be hoarding pellets now.

I think us semiauto owners are a big part of the problem. When I only owned a Springer, a tin of 500 would last me 2 months. Owning a semiauto L2, I can go thru 2 tins a week. Fortunately, my L2 loves Walmart crosmans at 6.41 a tin!

Crosman hollow points or domes?

Alpha or LW barrel? Barrel length?

Reactions: bckyrdsnpr52
If I was retired and on a fixed income with less than 100k in the bank I would be stock piling pellets now before the value of a dollar drops further. One thing is certain: year after year inflation keeps devaluing the dollar. Now this isn’t a problem if you’re still working because wages are increasing too. But if my income is fixed and my savings not that large, I would be hoarding pellets now.
Not to get political but I thought the US dollar was getting more expensive with respect to nearly all other currencies?

Reactions: bamavet55