I would like to extend an offer.

Bumping this thread back up for anyone that might need help. I will always offer my help over the phone, but I am willing to take on a couple more guns for free if there is a couple more people out there in need of help. I will offer 2 more free tunes with the only expense to the owner being shipping. I am still working 2nd shift, so please only call from 10am-2pm EST and any time after 10am on the weekends. If I can help anyone else, get ahold of me.

Would just like to add my appreciation for what you're doing; well done. Also have a question: I have a Gen 1 .22 Marauder that I've modded. It has a hi-flow valve, large transfer port, 12 lb hammer spring and a trigger that puts a smile on my face every time I squeeze it. I'm getting 54 ft-lbs with Eunjin 29's and they're fairly accurate (3/8" at 25) and a fair shot count (17-20). But I can't help but feel that there is untapped potential yet and wonder if it's not in the probe design. I know GMAC makes a hollow probe for the Marauder pistol, but I can't find anyone doing the same for the rifle; do you know of anyone making a flow-through probe for the .22 and whether it provides better performance?

Thanks again.

I am unaware of any flow thru bolts. I have read of a retractable bolt that was used on a custom .257 marauder and is now used on the FLEX rifle by WAR, but no flow thru designs. I get 24 shots with 25gr jsb monsters in my gen2 .22. 48fpe with a 10lbs spring. WAR valve and hammer, .185 ports all the way to the pellet. One thing I found to increase efficiency which inturn gained shots, was using a ball hone to polish the airtube where the hammer rides and polish the hammer to a very fine finish. This helps alot on a new gun, but a gun that has been shot alot might have naturally "worn" itself in?

The trigger is one reason I can't get away from these damn marauders. All 4 of my rifles break single stage at 7-9oz and as crisp and solid as it gets!! Another note that has helped in accuracy, consistancy, etc, has been sizing all of my pellets both head and skirt to the exact groove size per barrel.

I am glad to have been able to help some of you and thank everyone who gave me the opportunity to either help you over the phone or actually work on your gun. I was able to learn some new things and further hone my skills and that is very much appreciated!! I have taken on my last "free" gun. Hunting season is in full swing and I have already missed most of the "rut" here in Ohio as I have spent my weekends fixing marauders. I need to fill the freezers with meat and get my kids out hunting before the weather turns too cold for them. Again, I greatly appreciate the chance to help others but any future work will no longer be free. I still encourage people to call me and I will do what I can over the phone. If you want your gun fixed, upgraded, etc, please contact me for pricing.

That's what I was thinking about Strever. On the Gen I .22 Marauder Crosman used a "needle" style probe and I can't help but think it impedes air flow and induces turbulence. As I noted in my original post, the English company GMAC makes a hollow probe replacement for the Marauder pistol and demonstrate that it increases pellet velocity, but as far as I have been able to determine, no one is doing anything similar for the Marauder rifle. I was hoping someone here might know if a source; really like your custom .30 design as that's exactly what I had in mind.

Hey ajshoots, just a question: do you know what the difference is between the (talking first gen here) stock .22 Mrod valve and the stock .25 Mrod valve (if there even is one, other than different part numbers)? I have a .22 top end (complete) for my .25 that I'm thinking of putting back on and playing with the tune. Gun grouped tightly for at first in .22, but then got sloppy. Didn't have a chrony at the time, and think I may have gotten a good barrel, as it grouped well for a while, at least.

Ok, thanx. The only ".25 specific" part I didn't change in my .22 conversion was the valve. Cleaned the barrel, but that didn't help (I only had 200 or so shots through it anyway). Thinking about it now, it may have been the scope, as I was using a cheap-o bundled 3-9 AO scope from another gun, which later gave-uptake ghost while on a springer. At any rate, I've been thinking of giving it another go and playing with the tune, now that I have a chrony. I'll keep you posted, perhaps in another thread to keep from cluttering-up this one. Thanx again!