I would like to extend an offer.

Cool, here is my shot string with a Gen 1 Mrod .25, Bstaley O-ring mod, and the old clear tubing depinger trick, using JSB Kings25.4 gr. 824, 830, 829, 830, 840, 832, 833, 834, 833, 830, 829, 826, 825, 809, 798, 788 (16 shots) 782, 778, 771, 762. I started at 3000 psi and think I finished around 2000 or so. My gauge on the gun was going out so Im not sure about the final pressure. Is there much room for improved efficiency? More shots at the same average velocity would be nice. The guns shoots better than I can so accuracy is just fine with me. I have done very minimal tuning.

Maybe 900fps for a 25 jsb and low 700's for a 43 eunjin. Probably low 800's for the 33 jsb. That is with stock unmodified parts. Easiest way to check is to open the vms screw wide open (fully close CW then open 5.5 turns CCW for wide open) Take hammer spring fully CCW then in CW 6 turns as that will be about max spring preload. Turn striker adjustment fully CCW as that will give full hammer travel. This will give you max power typically. Fill to 3000 and fire over the chrony. Simply adding a 10 or 12.5lbs hammer spring can do alot to increase power with all aother parts remaining stock.

Not really sure as I haven't played with a stock gun in a very long time. Many posts on other forums indicate decent gains by simply changing springs, but I have no first hand experience with a stock gun and spring change to confirm anything.

A spring change with some simple valve, tp, and barrel port mods can really up the power. The key to the Marauder is opening up the air passageways to let it breath. Not just for power but efficiency as well.

First want to clarify that I have been playing with modifying stock Marauder parts for awhile now and after the release of all the WAR parts have been mainly using their stuff, so I do apologize for lacking for stock info. It has been a long while since I was tuning a completely stock gun. I have been trying to dig up old notes and computer files to refresh so that I can better help you guys with stock parts.

I still urge anyone seeking any level of help to give me a call at Currently I am available from 10am-2pmEST and again from 12am-2am and available anytime after 10am Saturday or Sunday. It is much easier for me to help via phone versus the forum or pm's. For anyone with a chrony and some free time to call, I can help alot more than you would image over the phone. I have already tuned a few guns and I have many more guns being shipped to me than I expected, so please be patient. I am already approaching the point of needing to pull my offer of allowing guns to be sent to me and tuned for free. I will always offer my help on this forum and via telephone, but the amount of guns folks want to send to me is growing. Those of you that have already been in contact with me in this thread, via pm, or by phone, I promise I will stand by my offer. I do ask that anyone sending me a gun please send pellets as well as it costs me out of my pocket to tune with my own pellets and since I am not wealthy, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a compressor that can use a good workout so air is of no concern, but my wife already can't understand why I am tuning guns for free, so please send pellets with the gun!! Also, I offered to tune guns for free. I did not offer to modify, blueprint, or anything else. If you want things of that nature done, please contact me and we can further discuss such work.

AJ, I would like ask you about my new Gen II .22, but I don't want to add to your "work load" or abuse your offer either :) I was told about this thread from someone on another forum, so I just joined to ask(at least I'm honest). I know you said you haven't messed with a lot of stock guns, but I'll appreciate any advice you have. The gun shoots "two groups" for lack of a better description. It will put three in the same hole, and then three more in another group about an inch low/left. I does the same think with every different pellet I have tried, which is about 5 different ones. I have checked all the baffles/o-rings, and even "un-floated" the barrel shroud with o-rings on the shroud/brace. The barrel is centered on the gun and in the shroud without me moving anything, even after "un-floating" the shroud. I fear I may have lost the barrel lottery for the .22, but would rather pay for another barrel from crossman, than deal with returning the gun etc. If it were slinging the pellets all over, I would definitely think barrel, but the fact that it is shooting two distinct groups is just odd to me. I appreciate your time! Oh, and I forgot to mention I am shooting at 20-25yds...

Donny

"billydjann"Ajshoots...
I have considered that.... I understand that a new barrel is not all that expensive....

If you are getting a new bbl. why not go with 25 as they seem to be far superior to the 22. I know you would need new magazines and possibly a new bolt. I really wanted to go 22 but the bbl. issues moved me to the 25 and I am very happy with that decision. It really smacks tree rats! Under 30 yards it kills just as well as my 22lr.

I called Crosman today, just to see what they would say. That was not very useful, and a little bit rude, to tell the truth. They basically told me I could order a barrel, but if I did, they would void my warranty. The guy that I got told me "If I had a dollar for every time someone said their marauder needed a new barrel, I could buy a mansion. If I had a dollar for every time the barrel was actually the problem, I could buy a happy meal." Needless to say, that was a disappointingly useless phone call. I was going to take my barrel off and try to push a pellet through to check the rifling, but now I'm too paranoid to do that. I'm worried I could scratch a screw head, and get my warranty voided... It's just so frustrating when you spend your hard earned money on something, and then are ridiculed by the maker, when they're the ones that seem to have a problem making a .22 marauder that works on a regular basis. The worse part is, I NEVER told them what caliber barrel I wanted, and the guy said "You're looking for a .22 caliber, right?"

I am not defending Crosman or saying that you are wrong, but I believe that Crosman deals with alot of people and most people know little to nothing about an airgun and make claims based on what they read and really haven't proven that the barrel is "bad". I say that because I have received barrels that were said to be junk that I had no issue getting to shoot good. I have also bought guns for very cheap because the owner said the barrel was junk and didn't want to deal with it. Little tuning and finding the right pellet, and gun shot just fine. On the other hand, there are plenty of "bad" barrels out there.
Rallyshark, I sent you a PM. Please give me a call.

First of all, I would like to thank AJ for taking the time to talk with me today on this!! I also want to thank those who have chimed in. I was able to find a small and very flexible bore snake, so I was able some pellets through without "voiding my warranty". That's where the good news ends. It was like pushing a pellet through a blowgun, so yeah, the barrel is over-sized for sure. There was no resistance until I made all the way to the choke. The barrel crown looks okay, and no nicks on the pellets. I was also able to speak with Roy at Mountain Custom Air Guns. He may be able to find a solution, but like many, his workload is high. That would mean 3-4 weeks before he could do something with a custom barrel. It's not my intention to throw Crosman under the bus, but there's a problem when you can't send a gun back under warranty, and know the problem will be fixed. If there is a known problem with the .22 marauders(and there is), they need to stop selling them, if they aren't willing to fix it. It's just that simple. Obviously, someone there has it together, because they make some great air guns, but that person must not be allowed to make customer service decisions,lol!

Basically, I have two logical options at this point. I can return the gun and get a non-Crosman gun that can shoot .22, or I can wait for an aftermarket barrel, and spend more money on my new gun to make it work. Neither one of those options is all that great to me, but it is what it is. Now I just have to figure out how I want to handle this :(