I would like to ask EVERYONE a question…

Stay out of dept...choose your friends carefully...your wife even more carefully...be honest no matter what...read "THE MILLIONAIR NEXT DOOR" and "The Automatic Millionair" both easy to find...finicial success is more about behavior than making a lot of money...don't be a bitcher...understand bad things can happen to good people...life will happen...never never quit...learn to be a good listener...very rare trait today...DON'T SQUANDER YOUR YOUTH...savor the journey through life...be nice to people...be humble and stay out of the limelight....read the Bible. Watch documentarys of some of the battles that were fought in WW2 and other conflicts and see the price that was paid for freedom...talk to WW2 veterans, I lived next door to a WW2 Vet for 19 years he had two homes one in Florida and one in Canada one day I ask him what was the reason for his success he poked his finger in my chest and said "hard work"...HONOR YOUR PARENTS. Well you asked, these things helped me to succeed, PM me for more...I'm retired and I have a lot of life experience to share...and love to talk about airguns...lol.

I wont go into details here, but I teach leadership classes, do career planning, assist with resume writing, interview skills, and am an official mentor at work as collateral duties to my 'real' job. It's a passion that I have and I'm happy I have the autonomy to pursue this in my professional career. I would be happy to work with you if you'd like. Tag me on IM and we'll set up a call and go from there.
Asking for advice is the easy part. Taking that advice and putting it into practice is the difficult part.

Stay out of dept...choose your friends carefully...your wife even more carefully...be honest no matter what...read "THE MILLIONAIR NEXT DOOR" and "The Automatic Millionair" both easy to find...finicial success is more about behavior than making a lot of money...don't be a bitcher...understand bad things can happen to good people...life will happen...never never quit...learn to be a good listener...very rare trait today...DON'T SQUANDER YOUR YOUTH...savor the journey through life...be nice to people...be humble and stay out of the limelight....read the Bible. Watch documentarys of some of the battles that were fought in WW2 and other conflicts and see the price that was paid for freedom...talk to WW2 veterans, I lived next door to a WW2 Vet for 19 years he had two homes one in Florida and one in Canada one day I ask him what was the reason for his success he poked his finger in my chest and said "hard work"...HONOR YOUR PARENTS. Well you asked, these things helped me to succeed, PM me for more...I'm retired and I have a lot of life experience to share...and love to talk about airguns...lol.
image.jpg

On top of it…got a very nice pile of books.

Last edited:
Find a compound interest calculator. Figure 10%a year on returns. Pick 25% of your salary for a 401k. Look at what your return will be in 40 years and set that as your minimum goal.

Don't buy your dream house as your first house. Buy a starter house with 20% down and a 15 year note. Flip it at around 10 years and upgrade with another 10 or 15 year note. You will own your house quicker and pay less interest.

Never purchase a new car and never have a car loan. Loans are for capital purchases that grow in value (not for cars, boats, etc that loose value).

I wont go into details here, but I teach leadership classes, do career planning, assist with resume writing, interview skills, and am an official mentor at work as collateral duties to my 'real' job. It's a passion that I have and I'm happy I have the autonomy to pursue this in my professional career. I would be happy to work with you if you'd like. Tag me on IM and we'll set up a call and go from there.
Asking for advice is the easy part. Taking that advice and putting it into practice is the difficult part.
A talk would be cool. I will list some things I’d like to ask and get back to you with a DM.

Advice-Perseverance is #1. Love rejection because it teaches you something important. More than that, rejection and making mistakes makes you relatable to others, which is pure gold. Money may come and go but your reputation stays with you forever. Last, advice can be worth listening to, but not always following-including mine.

Remain humble
Listen
Do good to others when you have the opportunity to do so. Seek to do good to others
Be an encourager
Tell the truth/ keep your word even if it's to your own hurt
Treat people like you want to be treated
Always be a learner
Enjoy the moment where you are while setting goals and working for them
Take life one day at a time and try not to be too anxious for the future that you forget where you are today
Remember to praise those around you for their part in the success that you enjoy

Save for long term
Invest for the future/retirement
Work hard and do quality work. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

The problem with doctorate level degrees is that they come with commensurate student loans. Pharmacist here so 8 years to get the Doctor, you'll likely be around 11-15years by the time you're done, depending on if you specialize or decide on GP. That's a lot of tuition. And, while many have counseled against student loans, with the tuition these days, I don't think a D is possible without at least some. Saw a report a few years ago that the average debt of an MD/D0 is north of $500,000. Mine wasn't that bad, but was mortgage-level, at least in some parts of the country.

Anyway, my career mentor (he actually talked me out of med school and into pharmacy but that's another story) counseled my wife and I to continue to live like we had as poor college kids after graduation and licensure. His advice was to do that until my student loans were gone.

So we did. I picked up a second job and worked six days a week for a year and a half to wipe out the debt. While my friends from school were buying brand new vehicles and having houses built, my wife and I rented a double wide trailer and continued to drive the same vehicles we always had. After the student loans were gone we bought a starter house, which we sold about 3 years ago when things were high and took that money and bought a slightly bigger home that needed completely renovated, but sits on two acres in a place we wanted to live.

Where I'm going with all that is that the best advice I've ever received was to knock out those student loans by continuing to live poor, even though the paychecks were decent.

My second piece of advice........In the medical field we see difficult things, people dying during codes, drug addicts throwing giant temper tantrums to try to get you to do what they want, sick kids, families being asked to pull the plug or discuss putting their father on hospice, etc etc In short, stressful situations and sometimes dealing with people at their worst. Let airguns be your fun. Don't try to turn it into a job. You'll need something that you enjoy and is a complete escape from your day-to-day. For me that something is airguns. Trying to turn airguns into a money-making venture would suck the fun right out of it.

tell women they are pretty.
Well i do that ( in places where i shop very often so i am not just some random stranger ) in one case this almost lead to me getting banned from the shop, as now its apparently a no go to tell women / girls they are pretty.
I do not have any plans when saying so, well other than making people happy, and really often the person say it to could at the very least be a daughter of mine, maybe even grandchild as i am no spring chick.
And i am certainly not a cradle robber.
It just seem to me from watching that girls / women are not told that often enough, and so go to alternative sources, and often make them do just horrible things to them self to fit into some insane image of what is good looking.

Also i am still single and i can not see how that would ever change, actually even if disregarding my own age, it seem more and more unlikely with the heading of the world.

Thats okay too, i know my word are as good as it get, so is the work i have done, and i dont own anyone anything.

Reactions: Maizen
While there is a big picture, or plan, stay with one step at a time. I assembled a robot kit for one of my younger sons yesterday. The big picture was great, but it was taking the assembly one instructional bit at a time that got us there. Not the big picture, though we needed that to know when we completed things.

Reactions: Maizen
Med school and airgun business? If you are half way through your BS, that is when the real classes start. If you have just finished your first two years, you have probably just finished your general Ed classes and lower biology classes, right? I remember that the first two years was EASY. Granted, I had a different major then you, but I did go do my MA and that was insanely difficult compared to the first two years of BA. At the time I worked full time and a financial institution, and that was pretty difficult and humorous when thinking about the lack of sleep I had.

Would I open a business and do MED school at the same time? No. Med school is a big deal, and I wouldn't want to mess that up. But only you can advise you on your dreams, skills, and potential.

Best of luck,
Atlas

Last edited by a moderator: