I would like to ask EVERYONE a question…

Don't sweat the petty stuff, And don't pet the sweaty stuff. (My Pop) Never worry about the people you can't control, just make the ropes tighter next time. J.D.
All kidding aside.. It's not how hard you get hit, It's how well you take a punch.
"Everyone has a plan until you get hit in the mouth "...Mike Tyson...

It’s going to be 2023 soon, and I want to ask you all…what lessons in life lead you to succeed?

My name is Mustafa and I am 21 years old, so I’m fairly young relative to other members here. I want to lead a life built on success and knowing the lessons that will lead me there is a head start that I’d like to have. The airgun community has always been kind to me, and I have never run into someone bad in this community. Maybe I ran into 1 or 2 people having a bad day, but I believe everyone in this community is good overall.

I want to get help from everyone here as this community is filled to the brim with well accomplished individuals. I appreciate your time in advance.

I intend to start my own business (kind of like Utahairguns) and also offer repair and tuning services as well. I am an aspiring doctor who is optimistically about 2 years out from medical school and as a side business after Med school, I want to make a successful business in this industry from the knowledge I have and will have gained from all of you.

Regards

Edit: Thanks guys…you’re all awesome 🥹

View attachment 317108
21yrs old 🤔🤔🤔 boy I wish I was 21 again knowing what I know now 😁

Reactions: Maizen
Well actually I'm little older than average...lol. I will always go out of my way to give advice to respectful young people...they are breath of fresh air...if someone wants finicial advice don't ask someone who's BROKE...The AGN members I know are the likes of engineers dentists plant managers among others who "killed it" and dragged it home for DECADES of hard work...44 years for me...and by the way it is difficult to prosper working only 40 hr weeks...oh and my wife worked even longer than me...together we worked 95 years to get where we are today living on an island with a beautiful view of the gulf of Mexico...wealth/net worth are created in a "crock pot" not a "microwave"....95 years working together to succeed...it was worth it...I tell young kids all the time I would trade my entire net worth to them for their youth...and do it all over again...We have earned the privilege of spending money on some frivolous things...we can afford it...yeah I help others to achieve success in life...in most cases they don't listen because it is HARD WORK. Been there done that got the Tee shirt.
Yep exactly

Listen more than you talk. You can’t absorb squat if you’re constantly running your jib. There will be plenty of time to run your gums when you’re older and have a ton of life experiences under your belt.

This is so true.

When I was with IBM, there were always business meetings to tackle new projects and issues. I was early in my career at the time, and had too much coffee and found myself talking too much. There were some very sharp older people in the room and this one person said to me, “a good Consultant always knows when to listen.” He was like a mentor to me, and was a Certified Consultant who was trying to diplomatically teach me a lesson.

I never forgot it and tried to embrace that ever since.

Mustafa - you received a lot of good advice on this thread and I can tell you will be successful. Great attitude!

Last edited:
Haha 😂. I took a gap year so I’m chilling. Studying at a good pace and looking for jobs to expand my medical resume and gain clinical experience
Given that you seem to like high precision airguns and medical, perhaps exploring a technology startup/incubator. UCSD has a lot going on in that field. May be worth looking into and stoke both your passions.