I would like to ask EVERYONE a question…

It’s going to be 2023 soon, and I want to ask you all…what lessons in life lead you to succeed?

My name is Mustafa and I am 21 years old, so I’m fairly young relative to other members here. I want to lead a life built on success and knowing the lessons that will lead me there is a head start that I’d like to have. The airgun community has always been kind to me, and I have never run into someone bad in this community. Maybe I ran into 1 or 2 people having a bad day, but I believe everyone in this community is good overall.

I want to get help from everyone here as this community is filled to the brim with well accomplished individuals. I appreciate your time in advance.

I intend to start my own business (kind of like Utahairguns) and also offer repair and tuning services as well. I am an aspiring doctor who is optimistically about 2 years out from medical school and as a side business after Med school, I want to make a successful business in this industry from the knowledge I have and will have gained from all of you.

Regards

Edit: Thanks guys…you’re all awesome 🥹

1E18B39B-1231-4198-85A4-C686D6AA9CFD.jpeg

Attachments

• 28146C19-7726-4294-B1B4-39AE5F8809C7.jpeg
    28146C19-7726-4294-B1B4-39AE5F8809C7.jpeg
    859.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
- Stay in school and earn your degree. It will open many doors for you.
- Save your money and don’t rely on credit or you will be a servant to the lender.
- One of the best quotes and life’s lessons I learned was this … If you don’t have the cash to buy something then you don’t need it!
- Live within your means.

Last edited:
I am in the Medical field (Respiratory Therapist) and have known a lot of doctors over my time. I can tell you that a business like an Airgun Shop will require your personal full time attention. Being a Doctor will require 180% of your time. If you become a Doctor, I recommend that you invest (Stocks, Real Estate) early and wisely. But I don’t think you would likely be able to manage both (Airgun Shop) at once.

Otherwise, I would say that if I had listened to my elders and heeded their advice when I was too young and Fast/Furious, I would probably be in a better place than I am now. Not that I’m in a bad place, but more better is more better.

Be All you can be at One thing !You are either a doctor or not,I know a very intellegent person that started at medical at 16years old was a doctor at 24yo,bhad to go to school another couple of years to become a very good doctor....now how many years is that,plus he always wanted to be a plastic surgeon ,that is even more training....Concentrate on one thing at a time.Air gunning should remain a hobby ,nothing more.

I am in the Medical field (Respiratory Therapist) and have known a lot of doctors over my time. I can tell you that a business like an Airgun Shop will require your personal full time attention. Being a Doctor will require 180% of your time. If you become a Doctor, I recommend that you invest (Stocks, Real Estate) early and wisely. But I don’t think you would likely be able to manage both (Airgun Shop) at once.

Otherwise, I would say that if I had listened to my elders and heeded their advice when I was too young and Fast/Furious, I would probably be in a better place than I am now. Not that I’m in a bad place, but more better is more better.
I actually do invest as well. Yes I’ve been told…in Med school there is only med school to worry about lol. Still have to finish my bachelors, so I still have time to set up the foundations for later

Musta -

You've already started in your growth, (last paragraph !)

Coming from both, working in the Aerospace Industry for a living, and building cars, and auto engines for a good time of going fast, and making a few dollars.
The main thing that I learned from both...

Details matter !

The more that you pay attention to the details, things WILL go better for you, in...whatever you end up doing for a living.
When I say "details", I mean everything from the large, more obvious things, down to a capital letter where it belongs when you are writing ! I know that it's "cool" not to use capital letters, or periods, or commas, and write in one LONG, run-on sentence that's five paragraphs long... Or to not respect proper names by not capitalizing proper names, are the small details that keep your thoughts paying attention..."all the time".
Being lax in your details will NOT...get you ANYWHERE positive in business.

Medical. Splicing a tiny little nerve ending to the wrong end...will be a disaster ! Giving medication for one problem to cure another, will create a...disaster ! These sound very simple and obvious, but in the long run...the simple things can and do go wrong, just as easily as the more difficult things. So...paying attention to all of the "details" will keep your patients happy and your wallet full.

Airgun shop wise. Same thing applies. While not exactly so dangerious...it CAN be. Filling a gun to 4300psi, when its only supposed to be a max. fill of 2900psi, "can" be disastrous ! While that's an obvious one, there are plenty of simple examples also.
Putting a decimal point, one digit wrong, CAN...be disastrous.

In my career, From testing details (items) that go into designing, and building spacecraft and from building high rpm car engines..."details" matter for keeping things working, properly, and staying together.
Paying close attention to the details, got me a long way in the Aerospace Industry. My having only two years of college, but, yeah, paying attention to the both the fine and the larger details, put my paycheck well up into the 6 figure bracket for the last 13 or so years of my career !

Another thing that went a long way in my job -
Ask questions. Somewhat obviously, you'll be asking questions to those above you. BUT, I learned a long time ago, talking to, and asking questions to people less senior than you, will also instill trust, and open communication. This will also help in "your" daily work, plus prove to your bosses, that you are willing to learn from..."anyone".
This is another thing that helps the paycheck grow !

One last thing, "your word". If you say no, explain...why. If there is question, and you are saying yes, explain...why. Do as you say you will do. A man (person) is only as good as his/her word. Changing your mind is fine. You AREN'T the only expert. Explain to others "why" you are changing your mind.

Best of luck in your future

Mike

Last edited:
Honestly, at 21 years old and in med school, focus on the schooling and with today's dating environment where most young girls look at men as a financial benefactor, stay single. You are on the path to be a high value man and that will draw all the wrong one's attention.

Not saying they're all bad, but even the good ones are a huge distraction.

Before anyone starts raving and calling me a misogynist because you and your wife of 40 years are peas in a pod... its not the same world nowadays, trust me.

Honestly, at 21 years old and in med school, focus on the schooling and with today's dating environment where most young girls look at men as a financial benefactor, stay single. You are on the path to be a high value man and that will draw all the wrong one's attention.

Not saying they're all bad, but even the good ones are a huge distraction.

Before anyone starts raving and calling me a misogynist because you and your wife of 40 years are peas in a pod... its not the same world nowadays, trust me.
Well I haven’t entered Med school. Stil looking to finish my bachelors in biology. In roughly 2 years, I should optimistically be able to attend a Med school.

Reactions: beerthief