• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I won't Paypal FF Again & Will not request it.

Its pretty easy to tell who legit and not legit here on the forum. If you have doubts, tell the person to send you a specific photo, interrogate them about their air gun knowledge, speak to other who dealt with the person. I've probably bought and sold 40 guns here on the forum. I only had one "opps" from someone who I sold to many times before, that guy was flaky to begin with and I knew he was capable of it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that "You are responsible to for yourself on this forum." If you did get ripped off: "It is on you, so don't bitch to us about it."

If you use FF for a purchase you are a thief as you are stealing from PP. They are a business and are supposed to make money. If you don't want to help them make money that is perfectly fine. Write a check and mail it. If your buyer does not want a personal check use a bank check or a postal money order. I just bought something and told the man to bill me the extra 3% as I do not steal from people or places. If you are a thief that is on you.

If you use FF for a purchase you are a thief as you are stealing from PP. They are a business and are supposed to make money. If you don't want to help them make money that is perfectly fine. Write a check and mail it. If your buyer does not want a personal check use a bank check or a postal money order. I just bought something and told the man to bill me the extra 3% as I do not steal from people or places. If you are a thief that is on you.

Incorrectamundo!

USPS may not scan a package in: even 7 days after it's mailed. Also USPS is the worst of all 3 shippers. Fed Ex is best, UPS is second. USPS employees will actually steal your pacakge, UPS will destroy it or leave it at the end of your driveway. Fed Ex will deliver it.

I have shipped probably more that many people on this site. Iv'e been doing eBay (as my job at times) for over 25 years straight. I have also bought and sold over 150 airguns in the last 3 years.

Paypal FF has no place in airgun sales or the exchange of any goods. Even if you report an airgun on a Goods and Services payment, you won't get your money back...a scope you will, a compressor yes, a airgun, No sir! Heck no! Try it. But people don't know that so it keeps the masses honest. Also, an account who gets a complaint like that can only screw over 1-2 people before it would be shut down...so goods and services transactions are not likely for scammers. 

sad but true

I'm no spring chicken at 65 years old either. Been on Ebay since 2000 (carl8571) got my first PC in 1982. When one of the parties involved is less than truthful, whether in writing or speaking, there is no amount of due diligence that guarantees a problem free outcome. PP is not perfect, but better than nothing-for both parties involved. JMO too.

I'm no spring chicken at 65 years old either. Been on Ebay since 2000 (carl8571) got my first PC in 1982. When one of the parties involved is less than truthful, whether in writing or speaking, there is no amount of due diligence that guarantees a problem free outcome. PP is not perfect, but better than nothing-for both parties involved. JMO too.

You're right. If the other party is a crook, then you're sunk. In the purchases I've made through the classifieds, the seller had a documented track record of good transactions (or was at least a long term member), I had good photos of both the item, and the seller's photo ID, and I had at least one detailed conversation. I know, there are holes in that vetting you could drive a bus through, and maybe I've just been lucky.