• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I wonder.. 🙄

So I'm in the process of trying replace my old oven. After putting the oven in the driveway I was thinking... how this would work as a pellet trap🤪
20210412_221907.1618323456.jpg

If you have the solid plates you could install them at a 45 degree angle so the pellets bounce off and down, cuz if you hit the same spot over and over, at least .22 pellets can actually make a hole in 1 mm sheet metal.

I would also do something about acoustics, a pellet hitting a piece of metal are pretty loud, so maybe glue some thick rubber to the back of the deflector plate.

And in the oven have a tub of sorts filled with sand to finally trap the pellets, this will be easy to clean / filter and reuse i would think

Just my 2 cent

Actually, I think the idea as lots of potential. And your yard doesn't have to look like a dump either... Make it a project, cover it with some nice wood siding... and it would just look like a storage box

Actually I may do that. A friend is moving out of state and has several cabinets she will not be taking. I was thinking of doing something more like this.

Speaking of recycling stuff and discreet pellet trap. I used to have one of these 

To house my Gehmann target box. It was in a convenient location at the correct height on the shelves... which just so happen to line-up with a hallway giving me 11M to the closet... And whenever I was home and felt like shooting a 10M target or two, just open the box and be ready to go.

If you have the solid plates you could install them at a 45 degree angle so the pellets bounce off and down, cuz if you hit the same spot over and over, at least .22 pellets can actually make a hole in 1 mm sheet metal.

I would also do something about acoustics, a pellet hitting a piece of metal are pretty loud, so maybe glue some thick rubber to the back of the deflector plate.

And in the oven have a tub of sorts filled with sand to finally trap the pellets, this will be easy to clean / filter and reuse i would think

Just my 2 cent

Yes that would work, on my trap I used construction adesive to glue drywall to the back of the steel plates to deaden the sound...works quit well, just a dull thud now!