• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

I wonder if pellets are going to be hard to get with all that's going on?

I'm good. 18,000 H&N match pellets from the 1970's.
1584639671_20700714405e73aeb7f15124.98028002.jpg
1584639672_229152765e73aeb85ce8f2.49260400.jpg

I can't believe the service that Airgun Depot provides, I love that place. I put in a order for 8 tins on Monday evening and they showed up on my doorstep (all the way to Michigan) on Wednesday afternoon. I have no idea how they got here so fast. At the same time I placed an order for 4 tins of Crosman Premiere HPs on Amazon and they haven't even shipped yet. I placed the order prior knowing about Amazon's new policy on shipping. They'll get here when they get here I guess. 

I shoot about a tin a week so including what I had on hand, that order will probably last me 3-4 months so hopefully everything will be back to normal by then, if not I'll just shoot PBs. And if I run out of ammo for my PBs, I'll shoot my bow. If there's a run on arrows I'll shoot my slingshot. If there's a run on ball bearings I'll spit pumpkin seeds.

Just got done driving from michigan to florida, half way their we stopped at cabelas for a break, there was a one box limit on your choice of ammo and they were busy selling guns ,I had no idea this virus was bringing this on, guess I'm out of touch, but plenty of pellets, only a little pricey. People buying seemed a little up tight, my opinion this will be cleared up by summer and calming down considerably. Mean while what are some of the excuses you guys use on wives to buy new air rifles ???

What are some of the excuses you guys use on wives to buy new air rifles ???

Haha, "excuses to buy airgun gear"? 

➔ I think we got this thing backwards.....: In the end our wives will have to excuse themselves for ever questioning our judgment of buying that stuff!! 🤣

➔ Here's my scheme (tongue in cheek): 👍🏼 

🔶 Background for the Airgun Buying Scheme:

I live in a multi-million people metropolis. With seemingly as many pigeons as human beings living here.

They (the pigeons) are sh!++¡ng everywhere — on cars and playgrounds, on historic buildings and patios....

And their excrement carries a nice set of potentially dangerous diseases. Real nice....

...and thus truly deserving of a well-placed piece of lead...!!

🔶 Situation of the Airgun Buying Scheme:

Now COVID-19 arrived in Peru — and we have a national curfew — no driving, we can only leave home briefly for grocieries and medical attention. They catch you in your car and you get to pay a $2000 fine and loose your license.

🔶 So I say: 

"Honey, you know, I always have taken good care of our family. 

"But you see how supermarket shelves are getting progressively emptier. And living in a Third-World country, we should be responsible and start thinking of alternative ways to supply the protein our bodies so desperately need [and the meat taste my mouth craves, I add in my mind without saying it out loud].

"So, honey, I think I is prudent to get prepared to harvest meat in close proximity around the house, as driving is not an option with this curfew thing. 

"An urban hunting situation like this requires a stealthily small PCP, the Lelya II would be a perfect tool for the job (in .22). 

"To put the crosshairs on our dinner, I'll need a Hawke New Frontier FFP 4-20x50 — because a short bullpup requires a short scope (13") — one that has a wide FOV for close range work (4x) and a high mag to reach out and touch that rat with wings on the light post (20x).

"And at night I'll be able to pick up on night-active critters that might even be grillable if hunger levels become very great — so an ATN X-Sight 4K Pro 3-14x will turn night into day, and increase our chances for a protein-enriched diet.

"To make the Lelya much more steady — and dinner much more secure — I'll need an Atlas Bipod (Version 10).

"Windproofing our protein intake is possible with those high-BC slugs — and as each barrel likes what it likes I need to try out several — I'll go with a box of NSA slugs in 17.5, 20.2, and 23gr, and a couple tins of H&N slugs each in 21 and 23gr.

"We always want to be considerate toward our neighbors and not bother them with shot noises [nor attract the military that are patrolling our streets!]. Urban hunting requires a good silencer, and DonnyFL's Sumo will keep us out of trouble. What you can't hear, didn't happen!

"And that's all, sweetheart!! 😊 

"Yes, honey, you are so right! I know that this will cost a bit of money, like around $3488 or so.

"And as you know me so well, when I do something, I want to do it well. And these tools will allow me to do a really good job.

"Yes, of course, this equipment is not cheap, but how much do you value the health of our family based on a balanced diet [as in "LOTS of meat"]?

"And we know that this COVID-19 pandemic is really extreme — and extreme circumstances always require extreme measures.

"With this gear I'll be well prepared for just about any situation!"*

"I'll get right on in to make sure this stuff gets here soon — better early than sorry they so rightly say!"

*[with the term "any situation" I don't mean "any situation that we might face because of the COVID-19 crisis" — but simply "any situation in which I might want to shoot an airgun." But you, the reader, knew that, of course.] 

[Now, whether we actually will eat pigeon and other urban meat because there won't be meat to buy in the stores, or whether I will just go pigeon pesting and feral slaying — does it matter? — No, I didn't think so either.]

————————————————————————

Anyhoooo..... —

you asked how to accomplish airgun gear purchases during this crisis. Here's one scheme.... 😄 🤣

Enjoy!! I own no copy-rights to it. Just please, don't blame me if this blows up into your face — say, because you wife is a vegetarian. THAT would require a totally different approach.

Matthias

JungleShooter I'm going to try that on my wife, I don't think she will question a Umarex Hammer.

Rawroots,

I fully support your intent. You go for it, man!! 👍🏼👍🏼

And thanks to the particular name of your gun of choice, maybe you could simply inform her that "you'd ordering some tools," one is a special hammer that's more powerful than all your other hammers.*

Explain that because of that advantage this hammer will be able to do "things" your other similar tools would not be able to accomplish. —— The nitty-gritty details about those "things" are probably not that important to explain — like that you could hunt a deer with this toos, whereas your other airgun tools only can kill squirrels.

Happy shopping!

I'll be busy the next half hour or so doing my own shopping.

Matthias

*Disclaimer: These posts are tongue-in-cheek — my wife and I talk about most larger purchases, and she is very supportive of my hobby!! 😊 

Mostly all countries are closed for gatherings and lots of businesses is temporarily closed I wonder how long it will be before shipping stops from outside the United stats or if the pellet co. Are shouting down for a little bit. I guess all manufactures of all airguns might be postponed? I hope all this nonsense ends soon I just was wondering because a lot of gun shops are selling out of bullets empty shelves!! That's why am asking. Thank you

Fast forward...yup