I will never buy Bushnell again.

Not to be mean but it does say in their warranty that mishandling is not covered by them and that the scope did not fail based on their parts but from damage of the fall. Hit a bad spot and peened a small dent on the power knob jamming it up.

I dropped my Steiner px4i 1-4 out of my safe and onto concrete from about 5 feet up. Got a realy nasty dent in the objective ring now. Scope was only off by a couple clicks and still looks fine through the view.

Like guys said only a few companies with a "no questions asked" warranty.

I was at the range shooting one day when a guy with a short barreled AR sat down beside me. Shortly after he started popping rounds off down range and the nice hot shells, ejected from his gun, went down the front of my shirt. I jumped up and stepped back a couple of steps leaving my rifle on the sandbag on the bench. After he fired a few more rounds off the concussion from his gun shook my rifle off of the bench and it fell bouncing off of the stool to the concrete floor. I grabbed it shortly afterwards looked it over and shot a it for a few rounds. The scope was off a little and when I went to adjust the turrets on my brand new scope I noticed that the cap was bent. So, I was done for the day.

When I got home I put a piece of leather around the turret cap and used a pair of channel lock to loosen it up. I was surprised when it came right off and I was happy until I noticed the whole turret was in my hand.

I wrote Primary arms telling them exactly what had happened and they said send it in. Ten days later my scope was back and in perfect order. So they have a very good warranty.

I've had two Bushnell's fail but they fixed both. It took quite a while to get them back. They also sent me a coupon for a discount on Bushnell products.

The Bushnell HDMR's that I had were very dependable scopes, glass not great but in those days more than a decade ago they delivered what I needed.

The old standby Bushnell/B&L 4200 series were good scopes for what they were.

Would I rather have Athlon products? YES, and for more than a few reasons.

It also comes down to how many scopes are actually made at bushnell? They can't repair it because it would cost them too much to send it back over seas to get taken apart and repaired. All part of the problems of farming manufacturing out to other countries. Plus this stuff is probably made with such a huge profit margin that they can afford to give you a discount on a separate scope instead of fixing the old one.

I talked to Leica about my second hand purchased range finder that just quit working after 10 years of service for me. They said send it in and we will take a look at it. Couldn't be fixed but they let me upgrade into a 2500 yard version for half price. My original one was an 800 yard finder. Some companies just try harder to keep a customer. Probably why Athlon scopes were created, a bunch of Bushnell guys went out on their one to make a better business model.

I like bushnell scopes like 34mm 1-8 , the DMR 2 pro is outstanding optic , However some warranties are better then other , I have used alot of scopes and used all companies warranties from cheap scopes to scopes in the $5k price range or higher ,

and not all warranties are no questions asked , example if you run over a Vortex with your car they will replace it no questions , but some companies I wont bash any but I have dropped and dinged them and was told no warranty , This is what I use for buying new optics in future , if I spend alot on a optic and it was not made right I simply wont buy another . I bet if you call them and talk to a person they just mite send you out a scope You know sometimes good willing a optic to a customer is great marketing and advertising . Before you give up on Bushnell call and speak to someone on phone and explain how you are a good customer and explain your optic was a FFP and see what happens and update us LOU

I hope your scope is replaced. You paid good money for a scope with a lifetime warranty and you expect it to be repaired or replaced if something bad occurs. With that said, the warranty does say it covers “defects in workmanship”. I think a company as well known as Bushnell should cover it for the sake of PR but who knows what their stance is these days? Sometimes, as already mentioned, just talking with someone can help the situation greatly. 
Good luck! Stoti

Sorry, but Bushnell shouldn't have to warranty your scope because you dropped it.

That's like expecting Ford to warranty fixing your car because you wrecked it.

Some companies do have a no questions asked policy, but they are rare.

It would be nice if they could fix it for you at a reduced price, but as others have said, it probably was made overseas.

The "drop" was 15 inches from the ground and not even a free fall. Their warranty says it protects against the rigors of outdoor use. It would be like if your ford got hit in a parking lot with a buggy and then wouldn't run. Or even using you wreck analogy it would be like if you did get in a wreck and ford told you, just buy a new truck cause your model is 2 years old and is obsolete, we aren't going to repair it. I would have been happy to pay to have it fixed, but they wouldn't even fix it for me. And the warranty also says that if they cannot repair it they will replace it with something of equal or greater value. They offered me to pay almost full price for something of half value.

So because I have nothing really to lose, I decided to take apart what I could with the scope and see if there was something I could fix. I got the mag ring off and turns out bushnell stripped the phillips screws that hold it in place so I couldn't get into it without really mucking something up. So I put it back together. From what I could see the likely thing was that the tube was just dented in putting pressure on the mag wheel and I decided F it and just gorilla gripped it and twisted like hell. The mag wheel spun and will now twist with some persuasion in when it gets to that part of the range. The more I spin it the easier it gets so something is wearing in inside there. Either way I think I'm gonna just set it to a mag I like and just call it a fixed power scope from now on. Also just for the record, I chatted with Vortex and they said that if it was their scope and the same thing happened they absolutely would replace or repair it.

For the most part no company is going to replace owner error damaged anything. Any manufacturer that offers such a thing will simply charge that fee up front in the selling price of the scope. They charge you for an insurance policy to replace the scope and tack it on to your buying price. If one out of ten scopes need to be replaced your cost goes up 10%. That means the other 90% of buyers pay for your free exchange on the scope someone ran over with a lawnmower or let the dog use as a chew toy. If you think about it you could not talk any investment group in the world into eating those replacement costs out of profits. These corporations have bean counters, which track things on a matrix down to the freaking penny.

Neither Bushnell or Votex make anything. They send a spec overseas for bid to five Chinese manufacturers. Their limited spec has to piggyback off the actual Chinese manufacturers existing product line, machinery, packaging etc. A US repair center for a Chinese scope is simply an "upsell center" to sell you more of their junk. They don't repair offshore scopes because the parts are all overseas and products change too quickly. If they told you all this you would ask them what do they provide? The answer is absolutely nothing but dwindling name brand recognition at a very high cost. If you look at Bushnell and Vortex as distributors it makes more sense. 

Welcome to the world of Chinese made tacticool scopes.