I was shooting my Prescioussss,HW50S .177 and this happened.

So I step outside at the edge of the evening as the air cools a bit to put a few rounds down range. I'm shooting at this Birchwood casey swinging spoons target at 25 yds. I usually shoot for group but I'm bit low on energy these days and I'm gonna be out of light soon. Anyhows. Things r going as expected "7 for 7" when the scopes windage cap fell off the scope. So I put it back on and snugged it up. And I'm thinking, " I wonder if that is going to change my POI". Lo and behold my next shot was a miss. Just to be sure I took another shot. miss. I had to adjust my windage 6-8 clicks to get poi back on target. The scope is a Hawke AMX 2-7 X 32. Do you think that would be the case with all scopes. Just changing the tension on a scope cap.

Here's a victim from my HW50S. Probably three tins of pellets!
IMG_1816.jpeg

I benched my Precioussss and tried removing the cap twice. It did not repeat the event. Found out she is not easy to shoot from the bench as I have it set up now and prefers her forearm to be held lightly but firmly rather than resting on a front rest. So I'm gonna chock this up to 1 of those unexplained phenomenons :alien: and let her get back to her usual routine.Thx AGN for your help. I appreciate it.:)

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1