Air Venturi I want to share some very important information

For those who are using the Hugget snipe moderators in your Avenge-X .25 cal airguns if you’re planning to shot with the heavier JSB 33.95 grains pellets it’s a must to go one size up to avoid clipping. But this issue it’s only happening with this particular pellets, if you’re shooting with the lighters JSB 25, the AA diábolo fields 25, the JTS dead centers 25 or the FX atomics 26.6 grains only you won’t have this issue. I am also using this same moderators in the standard size .177/.22 in my others two smaller .22 cal Avengers one first gen and another X, and both are working flawlessly without clipping with any kind of pellets including the more heavier JSB jumbo monster redesigned 25.39 grains, this issue it’s only happening with the .25 cal. The accuracy between the .25 and .30 cal moderators are exactly the same, as shown in the targets.

Also make yourself a favor and put a few drops of red lock tied glue to the end cap of this moderators if you want to save some headaches, I discovered this the hard way….😤😡. This were yesterday’s results shooting 5 shots groups from top row to bottom with the heavier JSB 33.95, followed with the JSB 25 and the last (6) 5 shots groups all were done with the JTS dead center 25 grains pellets at 35 yards. The target showing 16 bullseyes were a few days back shooting from left to right at 35 and the last two at 50 yards, from top to bottom with the JSB 25, followed by the AA diábolo fields 25 and the last with the FX atomics 26.6 grains. As you can see our Avenge-X .25 cal airguns love all this different pellets. PS the JTS pellets are a very tight fit and because this the side level becomes very stiff and difficult to use.

IMG_8720.jpeg

IMG_8719.jpeg

IMG_8717.jpeg

IMG_8716.jpeg

IMG_8721.jpeg

IMG_8715.jpeg

IMG_8713.jpeg

IMG_8675.jpeg

IMG_8696.png

IMG_8681.png

IMG_8712.png

IMG_8671.jpeg

IMG_8680.jpeg

Last edited:
Refer the picture attached.
Try to wrap something around the part before clamping down on the part with a vice-grip.
I have a piece of a timing belt that I use and man, that thing has been to hell and back and still works like a charm. It grips well without leaving a mark, but piece of rubber or a piece of leather or even a thick cloth will do.

Refer the picture attached.
Try to wrap something around the part before clamping down on the part with a vice-grip.
I have a piece of a timing belt that I use and man, that thing has been to hell and back and still works like a charm. It grips well without leaving a mark, but piece of rubber or a piece of leather or even a thick cloth will do.
I used a thick rag between the end caps and the vice grip before clamping both but as you can see in the pic, it was useless because no matter how much effort I tried to make they were always marked…🤷‍♂️🙄

Last edited:
Also go with blue loctite not red. You will tare that moderator up trying to take it apart with the red in the threads.
I am not planning to remove any of this end’s caps in the future, for this reason I used the red lock tied instead of the blue one. And if I want to clean the barrels of any of my airguns in the future I simply remove the shroud like I always do, and don’t think that I will have to offer any kind of maintenance to the moderators either since I have four differents airguns and usually dont shot with the same one daily.

Last edited:
Also go with blue loctite not red. You will tare that moderator up trying to take it apart with the red in the threads.
I prefer Permatex Ultra Black RTV to stop vibration loosening and still be able to remove the part easily.
Store the tube in your freezer with the cap on after opening.
umi-82180_oh_xl[1].jpg

Latest update; I am going to remove the .30 and put back the .25 cal Hugget moderator since every time I shot with this extremely heavy JSB 33.95 grains pellets with my Avenge-X that comes with a 210cc air tube becomes a AIR HOG and limited my shots per fill counts. Also between 30 and 50 yards that is the range I shot the most in my backyard there’s is no difference in accuracy between any of the more lighters 25 grains pellets mentioned in this thread vs this extremely heavy almost 34 grains JSB pellets. If in the future I converted one of my two Avenge-X .25 cal from a tube to the higher capacity carbon fiber bottle then I will put back the .30 cal moderator and tune this particular airgun to shot exclusively with this 33 grains pellets and use my other Avenge-X .25 classic to shot with the others 25 grains pellets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Netman